H1B visa for USARegister Today!
- by Astromikaelo Jul 22, '10hello everyone,
I am aware about the retogression going on( who isnt?) but I would like to know if there are people here who were granted H1b visas this year? and how long will it take an H1b visa to process after first step of application, say an agency or an employer is already available? ill appreciate any of your inputs thanks.
- Jul 23, '10 by iamnomadapproval is a case-to-case basis.
you may see an applicant with 10 years experience being denied, and a nurse with 2 years experience being granted a visa.
Generally, the process will depend on how your employer/lawyer responds to USCIS, how you provide documents, and how USCIS analyze your case.
But also, be reminded on the requirements for H1B visa.
- Jul 23, '10 by Astromikaelothank you iamnomad,
given youre eligible and qualified for the H1b, can you give me a range of time of the actual processing of the visa? if worst comes to worst, how long will i be able to hear the bad news of being denied( for example)?
- Jul 23, '10 by iamnomadits really hard to tell.
in premium processing, you will know the result 15 days from filing, whether it would be denied, approved, or RFE (request for evidence).
regular processing can take months. I've seen some posts here and in other forums that they have been waiting for 4 months, six months, and even a year. But I think the average is 4 months, from filing to embassy interview to arrival in the US. Same time frame even if you are denied, I assume. But again, it may not be your case.
- Jul 23, '10 by Astromikaeloalright, thanks for the responses iamnomad and silverdragon. It was just hypothetical, but at least now i know how things will run when it comes to H1b. I hope i could catch some luck in that route.