Delays on NMC PinRegister Today!
- by Elovecklein07 May 9Hello Everyone,
I finished my ONP last April'13 and the declaration of good health and character has been sent to the NMC on the 24th of the same month.
I already have accommodation and job lined up, the indicated start date of my new job would be on the 30th of June. I was informed by the NMC agent when I rang them, that I will get my decision letter as to whether I am accepted to the register,in 7-10 days. Today is the 10th day, so I rang them and the man told me I have to wait for 3-6 months for my pin to arrive. This is terrible, based on the news from the NMC, they have added more staff to deal with the backlog, 3-6 months is such a long wait. I am so stressed right now. I am suppose to go to my home country and lodge for my work visa this first week of June assuming that my pin is already sorted.
I am on a student visa and due to finish end of June'13.
I need your advice so I can perhaps relax and stay calm and not be panicky re: the situation where I am presently at. I have been reading all the topics +responses on this site and they are all full of information and the members are very supportive of each one.
Thank you in advance.
- May 9 by Gem1210390Go on the nmc website and search register you type your name in. If I come up you are registered. Give it a go. Nmc are slow at processing .
- May 9 by Elovecklein07Hi Gem1210390,
Thank you for your reply. I have not yet received the letter stating that I have to pay the registration fee in order to fully complete my entry to the register. That is what I am so anxious about, the job offered is all I wanted, it is the area where I really seek to work (don't want to lose it just because of the delays on releasing my pin!).
Anybody else who share the same sentiments?
- May 9 by Gem1210390When I first registered following completions of university in the uk. I finished in June and didn't get registered until September so even with a British qualification it took a while.
Keep in contact with them on a regular basis
- May 10 by babyRN.It took about 1.5-2 months for me to get my PIN after I registered in 2012. I don't think they're handing out cards anymore; you just look at the website.
- Oct 31 by DraganI've been on the queue since for only two weeks now, I got the impression that it wouldn't take more then a month for the final letter to arrive, but am gearing up for a longer wait after reading some real horror stories on this site. Its beyond frustrating!!!!!!! Have you gotten your pin yet? Anyone else in a similar situation who got their pin, how long did you wait?