My first PICC!Register Today!
- by larniegrl Nov 7, '12Just had to tell someone...my family/friends don't really understand, and I don't want to appear TOO excited to my co-workers...but I put in my FIRST PICC LINE! I feel great, it went so smoothly on a fluffy older lady with saggy skin. (you guys know what I'm talking about)
Thanks for reading! The learning curve is just beginning.
- Nov 8, '12 by ~*Stargazer*~Congratulations!!!
- Nov 9, '12 by iluvivtThat is great! Those ladies with the loose skin can be tricky to access the vein even with guided US. I use silk tape and use it to pull up the loose skin and then I also pull up the skin under the tourniquet before I tie it off if that is needed. Sometimes I need only one of the tricks. You will encounter all types of situations and skin types when you will need to think out of the box to get the job done. So keep on learning and if you enjoy it now you will continue to do so and it gets better too!
- May 30 by RNgirlyAKCongrats!! So exciting!
- Jun 9 by lilnurse1126I know this was posted a year ago but Congratulations! I placed my First PICC on a pediatric patient April 28. It was an amazing feeling. Hoping to find a full time job doing this.