filter needles - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 21, '06 by augigiI have never used one in my life (Australia).
- Nov 22, '06 by Hellllllo NurseI was a traveler in a dialysis unit which had no filter needles. 18g needles were used to draw up the Ferrlicet from the ampules. This practice always really bothered me.
- Nov 27, '06 by canoeheadWhen I worked in Canada we never used them.
- Oct 31, '09 by francis leeIt is my understanding that filter needles are only required for drawing from a glass amp that you break open.......are they necessary for such things as Solumedrol, or protonix, which have the rubber stoppers?......
as far as the Phenergan, we don't use filters for that however we do mix the Phenergan in 10ml sterile saline before injecting....
- Feb 1, '10 by bek1223Do you need to use a filter needle when giving protonix? Also, how is it usually given? Over 2 mins or over 15? I'm a student and I'm giving it the first time and I'm a little confused on how it is done.