Indiana State University LPN-BSN 2012 - page 2
by Tootie88 56,635 Views | 211 Comments
Hello, I am due to start the LPN-BSN program at Indiana State University in the fall of 2012 and decided to start a thread for fellow students who may be starting around the same time so that we can connect and support each... Read More
- 0Nov 22, '11 by debrhoHello, I have just started the initial process and I must admit it looks llike a wonderful program. I love getting all the information through the threads, and the posts are a great help. I am in Virginia, and wondering if anyone else in the Hampton Roads area are doing this program.
Good luck to everyone!!!
- 1Nov 26, '11 by LadyinScrubsQuote from 2brn09I am a student half way through the LPN to BSN program at ISU. I can agree that the program at ISU is just fine. Be prepared to study and work hard. The program is rigorous but you can do you work when it is easiest for you. The biggest difference, olther than the large amount of writing, is you must understand the concepts they teach because you will have to discuss many of them in discussion board postings and provide rational/citations to bacu up your post.Great! i'm looking for ward to my studies with them. From my understanding ISU have a great reputation.
- 0Quote from athomemom56yes, there are isu threads. go the distant learning site. there is one very long site that people keep adding to. there are new sites. of course, you can ask a question and start your own site.i am thinking about starting isu. i am collecting my information. i wish it could be done in a shorter amount of time. do you plan on keeping this thread going? are there any other isu lpn to bsn forums?
- 1Quote from ALongPhase 2 is the challenge 4 nursing test. These must also be completed before starting Phase 3 which is your actual ISU online program.When you say, "half way" does that mean you are halfway through Phase III? How long would you guess that phase will take you?
I am an admitted LPN to BSN student. In the general nursing classes, there are 6 clinicals and 8 didactic classes. I have four more semesters to go till I graduate--2012 Spring, Summer, Fall and then Spring 2013 semester--grad in May..Last edit by LadyinScrubs on Dec 5, '11
- 4i've spoken to a representative from college network. i applied to indiana state university, but still need to submit my transcripts. is it true that phase iii can be completed in 16 weeks?
no - untrue
phase 2 is the 4 challenge nursing tests. phase 3 is the actual isu online program. if you do not have a bachelors, you will also be required to take additional university gen ed classes. if you have an aa degree, this cuts down on some of the required gen classes but not all. either way -- you must take 6 clinical classes and 8 didactic classes. i am in calif and do not know how the program is arranged for other non-california isu lpn to bsn students. normally a semester is 18 weeks. it is impossible to complete your lpn to bsn program in 16 weeks.
putting it another way, you can graduate in 16 weeks--after you put in 16 weeks in this course, 16 weeks in the next semester's course, 16 weeks in the course after that, and so on......