New grad hiring in Indianapolis?Register Today!
This is a discussion on New grad hiring in Indianapolis? in Indiana Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I am currently finishing my nursing degree at a college in Iowa, we plan on relocating to...by NurseToBeLMC Apr 4, '09I am currently finishing my nursing degree at a college in Iowa, we plan on relocating to Indianapolis this summer after I graduate in June.
I was just wondering when hospitals in Indy hire new grads, can I get hired before taking NCLEX? Is now too early to start applying? Also wondering if there are any hiring freezes due to the economy sucking. I know our area has been through some layoffs and most hospitals are not hiring right now where I live.
I do see a lot of openings for Clarian hospitals, so I've applied with them and St Vincent. Any info you might have would be great!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=382525©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,537 Views
- Apr 13, '09 by sunfish78Congats! I too am graduating here in a few weeks, and I know that there are several hospitals that are going through hiring freezes (mostly the smaller community hospitals), but there are many larger hospitals that are not doing this--I currently work as a SN at one in Indy. I know that many of the hospitals here will hire you and pay you as a new grad, and will wait for you to pass the NCLEX. Good Luck!!
- Apr 13, '09 by IhoploverHi! Any input as to the hospital that you work at that is hiring new grads would be GREATLY appreciated and any other hospitals in the area also. I know St. Vincent's is not taking new grads and Clarian posts all require 1 year. Job market is really ugly! I worked at St. V's as summer nurse extern and let go of position to finish college 2 hrs away - wish I would have hung on! Again any tips greatly appreciated and lunch on me if we meet up in Indy! :spin:
- Apr 14, '09 by WickedRedRNAs far as Clarian goes, I would call the nurse recruitment office and speak to a recruiter directly.
- Apr 14, '09 by psychobillyMy employer, St. Francis in Beech Grove Indiana hires new grads. I don't know how often or how many but I see 5 - 10 yearly in the past 6 years just on my unit. I work on 9 Tower med surg. I often encourage nursing students to apply if I find them dedicated and caring. I have been able to work with some great new nurses. Often after 1-2 years they go on to ICU, ACC or PACU. I guess med surg is a great way to get experience before applying for crital care positions. Check out SSFHS.org for current job openings. There are 3 campuses in the Indy area; Indianapolis or South campus, Beech Grove and Mooresville.
- Apr 14, '09 by NurseToBeLMCI tried that, left a message a week or so ago with no call back.
- Apr 14, '09 by NurseToBeLMCThanks I hadn't considered that hospital!
- Feb 25, '12 by my_purposeNurseToBeLMC,
how did the search go? Did you find a position and how easy was it for you. I am considering graduating a semester early, I live in Indy, but I have NO nursing experience. Let me know. Thanks