Ivy Tech ? about TEAS cut off scores/pre req gradesRegister Today!
- by wishNhopeNdreamN Mar 19, '08If you have been accepted in either the LPN or ASN program would you mind posting your scores?
I was talking with a girl in my ANP class today, and was kind of shocked by what she told me.
She said that Kokomo had vacancies last semester in the LPN program and that the cutoff for the ASN program was 79 TEAS/3 A's 1B on the pre reqs. That sounded pretty low to me.
I got an 87 on my 2nd TEAS and I have all A's on my completed pre reqs and currently an A so far in ANP 102.
I told myself I was going to stop stressing and obsessing, since May is so far away, I am afraid I will drive myself crazy.
BUT... when she said this I was so excited to think my chances were good that I may get in. Yet, I am scared to feel any kind of confidence, until I get that acceptance letter.
I know all Ivy Techs differ as far as competivesness, but I'm trying to get a feel for what my chances are.
Thanks for your help.
- 15,201 Views
- Mar 20, '08 by Innurse78It all depends on what Ivy Tech you apply to. They take the applicant score and get a mean average. Anything above gets in, anything below gets a denial letter. And also it depends on how many spots there are vs how many applicants.
If you are getting all A's and have an 87, I am sure that you will get in.
- Mar 20, '08 by wishNhopeNdreamNThank you for your responses Ms. Frog & Dannelboo.
Dannelboo what Ivy Tech are you attending?
Congratulations to you both on getting into a program
I'd still love to hear from others about their school's cutoffs.
- Mar 20, '08 by DannelbooThanks!! I go to Indy.
- Mar 21, '08 by WMM1nurseI completed my LPN at Ivytech. At that time, they used PSB scores. I was just accepted into Valpo's transition program. The score needed usually depends on the pool of students applying and their individual grades and teas scores. I would think you should be in good shape with your teas score and all A's in the prerequisites.
- Mar 23, '08 by wishNhopeNdreamNWWM1nurse Thankyou for the vote of confidence
Congrats on getting in at Valpo and good luck!!!
Thanks Jackson and congrats to you as well!
- Mar 25, '08 by wishNhopeNdreamNCongratulatiions MuncieLPN
and Thank You!!!