UIC BSN for Fall 2013 applicants...Register Today!
- by TraumaRNHopeful Jan 22Hello all,
I applied to UIC for their BSN program for fall 2013. SUPER stressed about it. If anyone else has applied, you know they have very specific pre reqs, so if I don't get in here, I will have taken a ton of classes for nothing I've been reading some posts from this time last year, and it sounds like the most important things are your GPA, essays, and letters of recommendation. My GPA is only a 3.54. I think my essays were pretty good- I have quite a bit of experience in hospitals, as a patient and employee, and I did well with writing papers in the past. I had a professor from UIC (who is also a professor at City Colleges of Chicago that taught my Microbio class) write one of my letters of recommendation, and my CNA instructor from Truman write the other. I got my CNA certification over this past summer, specifically to help with my application to UIC. So I work in a hospital now. I was hoping to have been able to keep my 4.0 GPA, becuase with my work experience I figured they would kind of have to take me. But now with my lower GPA I'm freaking out! Anyone gone through this in the past? Any words of wisdom? Anyone not made it in, and applied the next year?
- 11,885 Views
- Mar 24 by Future-RN-Hi there! I can't believe there are no threads on this program this time around. How are you holding up? I can't sleep sometimes because I keep thinking about UIC! Where else did you apply?
- Mar 25 by ApsPlaceI agree with you I'm surprised there isn't more chatter on the topic of UIC Nursing. I was looking at passed forums and it seems like a lot of people found out in the first couple weeks of April. Hopefully that's the case this year as well.
- Mar 26 by Nat-pspHi! I was also surprise that this topic does not have a lot participants! I am so nervous! I cannot sleep! I just think about this application all day, and a check my status each ten minutes. I am going crazy.
- Mar 26 by Future-RN-Quote from ApsPlaceHi there! I also noticed some forums mention they received acceptance emails as early as the first week in April. I am hoping that maybe UIC didn't have as many applicants this year, which would make our odds better. I haven't heard back from any programs yet. So anxious!! Ahhhhhh I am becoming obsessed with UIC, ha!I agree with you I'm surprised there isn't more chatter on the topic of UIC Nursing. I was looking at passed forums and it seems like a lot of people found out in the first couple weeks of April. Hopefully that's the case this year as well.
- Mar 27 by jazajajoHi everyone, what do you think is a high enough gpa to get in? And does anyone have any information on the waitlist and how that works? Thank you
- Mar 27 by jazajajogood to know thank you!
- Apr 1 by Nat-pspAny news? I am hoping that UIC release some news this week...so stressed