Joliet Junior College Fall 2013 Nursing Applicants - page 2
I am a pre-nursing student at JJC and just applied for the Fall 2013. All of my prerequisites are complete and my GPA is good. I'm waiting on TEAS testing dates and am getting anxious. I've just started studying and am a... Read More
- 0Mar 23, '13 by goemomGreat scores! Mine were strong as well so I'm alot less anxious. They look at heal 109, eng 101, psyc 101 & 215, and A&P I & II. Last semester's avg GPA in these classes was 3.6, avg TEAS comp score was 80 and avg reading score was 86.7. If you don't have all 6 courses complete, it's pretty tough to get in. Now we just wait for our emails. I think they said we should hear in about 3 weeks. Good luck!
- 0Mar 26, '13 by marimas616I just took the test last Friday (March 22rd) and I scored a 93.3% and a reading a 95 point somenting percent. My GPA could be better 3.58 since I am missing some classes. I am very anxious to know if I got accepted. Do you have an idea when would they send acceptance or regection letters?
ThanksLast edit by marimas616 on Mar 26, '13 : Reason: spelling
- 0Mar 27, '13 by goemomLooks like we have similar grades & scores. I had a 93% composite and a 95% in reading and a 3.84 GPA. Last semester, the avg was 78.6% comp, 85.6% reading and 3.6 GPA and the semester before, they were 80%, 86.7% & 3.6. The emails are supposed to go out in about 3 weeks after the last TEAS date (3/23). Good luck!!!
- 0Mar 27, '13 by Melissab1202HI all! I also applied for the fall 2013 program at JJC and took the TEAS test on the 20th. I got 73% comp and 81% reading. I have a 4.0 GPA. After reading your scores though, it doesn't seem like that's going to be good enough. The science part KILLS me! And I work myself up and get so nervous. It seems I may never get in! I got the book with the practice tests. I've read a lot about the online practice tests. Would you recommend those over the paper tests? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
- 0Apr 1, '13 by goemomDon't let your scores discourage you. I read through a thread last semester - someone got in with a 79% in reading, 74% comp and 4.0 and someone else with a 79% reading, 72% comp and 4.0 GPA and lastly someone with a 74% reading, 75% comp and 4.0. All had prereqs complete.
The science was the toughest. I thought the science section in the McGraw-Hill exam book prepared me the best. I only took the online A exam and it was really tough. I only got a 68% on the science section, but an 85% on the actual exam. I doubt you will have to take it again, but if you do, go through the McGraw-Hill exam book. Take an exam then study your weaknesses. Go to khanacademy.org and watch the lecture videos. He does a great job explaining a lot of bio & chemistry topics. I haven't had a chemistry class in over 20 years and this helped me a great deal.
- 0May 1, '13 by irisheyesRsmilincongratulations to all who made it into the fall 2103 program. To those who came close, try again.
I will give you a bit of advice, as I am a current JJC RN Nursing student...
Make sure when you walk in that door first day of class that you can give 110% to this, for most of us, this is the HARDEST thing we have ever done, by far. I, and many of my classmates hold degrees in other fields, and that education process was NOTHING like this will be.
I would certainly learn "critical thinking skills". This is crucial in this program. You have to think like a nurse.
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40% of you will not pass thru to the second semester....
I don't want to be a downer, but this is reality. Be prepared and be ready. I wish all of you the best of luck!
- 0Jun 3, '13 by determined_30Quote from marimas616Can you please please give me some advice on what to study for the teas v. I would greatly appreciate it.I just took the test last Friday (March 22rd) and I scored a 93.3% and a reading a 95 point somenting percent. My GPA could be better 3.58 since I am missing some classes. I am very anxious to know if I got accepted. Do you have an idea when would they send acceptance or regection letters?