JJC 2013 Spring Nursing Applicants ? - Page 15Register Today!
- Oct 28, '12 by PurplePRNThank you Emerald. I have a pretty simple question. Does the nursing department follow the same academic calender as the rest of JJC? I'm trying to plan a vacation and am fearful we'll have some strange meeting or something odd going on during one of the breaks or the end of the year.
I know we can't choose our tack. But are people allowed to trade with one another? TIA!
- Oct 29, '12 by irisheyesRsmilinHello all who got accepted! Congrats
My question is, I have been accepted into days, but I really desire Evenings....how does one switch?
and best of luck...I can not wait!!!! wooohooo
- Thanks so much Ladies! I am beyond ecstatic, I seriously want to take myself out and celebrate, but strange thing is, Life must go on, kids still require raising, school is still in full swing and laundry still needs to be done LOL!!! Hoping in December I can do like a mini vaca for myself and recharge before it all begins!
- edit, meant to reply to a single person
- Quote from tortiz80I know!! I am excited, nervous, proud, but also honored to have people jumping up and down to be in a class with me! hehehe *hug* How will I know who you are at the meeting in november? Dang it, I seriously do not know how to use these boards (Yet)Holy cow I'm jumping up and down screaming for u. I was crossing my fingers and checking in to see if u made it. I'm sooooo happy for u and even more cause we are in nights together))) congrats.
- Oct 30, '12 by tortiz80Quote from Katie2bRN23I don't know either lol but there will be so many of us. Lol. I'm so excited already picked my stethescope out on line just waiting to buy it after the meeting lol.
I know!! I am excited, nervous, proud, but also honored to have people jumping up and down to be in a class with me! hehehe *hug* How will I know who you are at the meeting in november? Dang it, I seriously do not know how to use these boards (Yet)Last edit by traumaRUs on Oct 30, '12
- Oct 30, '12 by Emerald2Hi everyone! First, I usually spend about 5-6 hours a week reading, studying and doing assignments outside of class. When we have a test, I would say I add another 2-3 hours to that. Second, the nursing schedule does follow the college schedule in regard to holiday closures and things like that. That being said, you do need to be flexible. There are many times that a simulation, orientation or special seminar will be offered in addition to your normal schedule and if you are an evening student like I am, sometimes it's during the day. So, I would just always be prepared to make changes, it will happen and that's just how it is! Next, if you are in days and you want evenings or vice versa, you have to find someone who's willing to switch with you (which is hard because you don't really know anyone yet) and have it approved by the nursing department. I don't have any advice on how to contact anyone to switch, other than spread the word among the people you do meet and try to send an email through angel to the all Nursing 150 students. Ok, I hope I answered everything, let me know if you have any other questions. Just FYI, the evening and day schedule both meet for theory twice a week for 2 hours, clinical topics once a week for 2 hours (usually on the same day as one of your theory classes) and the third day you have clinical (my day was Tuesday for 1st and 2nd semester in evenings, but that's not for everyone) for 6 hours 1st semester and then you move to 7 hours second semester and then 8 hours 3rd semester. For 150 you will go to the nursing home first and then the hospital.
- Oct 30, '12 by PurplePRNThank you Emerald!
Hey ladies..........I'd hate to put too much personal info on here as to who we are. Let's network and PM each other privately before the meeting. We can maybe meet up at a location at JJC an hour or so before the registration meeting? If someone doesn't get PM'd.......just post here and we'll send you the info. I would NOT disclose the location or time openly here on the board. It's not safe. It's a public board and everyone can see.
- Oct 30, '12 by traumaRUsYes indeed - please don't post your real names, meeting places/times.