Is that easier to find a job in IL than NY?Register Today!
- by Tina Li Sep 9, '11I am currently a nursing stduent in NYC, and I will graduate in Dec, 2011. I plan to move to IL after I graduate or after I get my license in NYC. I thought it would be easier to find a job in IL than NY, but it seems like there is no nursing shortage in Chicago either. Is that easier to find a job in a smaller city in IL, for example in Springfield? I registered in "simply hired", and it send me like 9 jobs every day, is that reliable? Thank you!
- Sep 13, '11 by traumaRUsHi there - yes, please do consider downstate. Chicago is but a small part of IL!
Have never heard of "simply hired." I would look up hospitals in Springfield: St Johns and Springfield Memorial and look at their websites and apply online.
If you are considering Springfield, you might also consider Decatur, Champaign/Urbana, Bloomington, Peoria.
- Sep 13, '11 by Tina LiHi,
Thank you so much for the help. And also, I would like to know if I should take my Nclex in NYC or take it after I move to IL. My professors from school told me it will be easier and faster to take it in NY since I attended nursing school in NYC and all my information is from NY.
Do you think so? Will it make a difference? I heard once I get the license from NY, I still need to do some paper work to change my license to an IL' one. I am confused which way is gonna take less time for me. Could you help me with that?
- Sep 13, '11 by traumaRUsI answered on your other thread but I would listen to your professors and take the NCLEX in NY then endorse to IL
- Sep 13, '11 by Tina LiThank you! I noticed you always help nursing students and nurses out in this website. Thank you so much! You always give good advice Nice to meet you.