Chicago State University - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 2, '09 by unrealllyDon't forget, you have to score 900 on the Hesi! One of the hightest in the State.
- Aug 3, '09 by RossayRNI'm honestly not worried about HESI. I will be prepared for it and plan to score above 900 and that's how I will study for it. The key it so not place limitations on what you know you are capable of doing. I knew about HESI before getting into the program so I prepare for it along with every test I take. You have to treat everything like it's HESI/NCLEX
- Aug 20, '09 by tklucky8I am also interested in there program but i had some questions
one of my main questions is that does anyone know what is the lowest GPA that they accept. I have a 3.3 and i am worried if i will get in or not. Also, I am going to be taking some of the pre-reqs at a community college in fall'09 should i apply to CSU for the bridge course at the same time? Is that the only course that u have to take at CSU before applying to nursing program?
Also, do they require Organic chemistry as a pre-req?
I appreciate all of your answers and help!
- Aug 21, '09 by RossayRNThey lowest required gpa is 2.5. People that get accepted though usually have a 3.0 or higher with emphasis on your science gpa. You can take everything at a community college but you should download the tranfer guide and see which classes will transefer befor you take them so you can take one's that are documented to be accepted. I took all of my prereqs at the city colleges and transfered in when I was ready to apply to the program. You won't only take the bridge though, you have to take a intro to health professionals class, and it is also required to take a service learning class (HSC3321) I would take The HSC class that semester and get it out of the way or you will later have to either take it over the summer or get stuck taking it with your nursing classes which would suck. I just took it this past summer or I would have had to take it in the spring with the last of my nursing classes which wouldn't be good when you have all yor nursing work to worry about.
- Aug 6, '10 by To2To1985How many ppl apply for the program each year?
- Aug 6, '10 by RossayRNdepends, there were 140 when I went there but that was in 2007, there probably more now. They only accept 40