Accepted into CCC Nursing Program: Truman College - page 37
Hi all! I've started this thread for those of us who have gotten the good news and have been accepted to start the nursing program at Truman College in Fall 2012! If you are still waiting to hear, I would suggest visiting the... Read More
- 0Aug 18, '12 by kvitaQuote from AidansmomI got an email as well, but there is no information available on the Blackboard. I emailed her back asking to make it accessible for us. So far, haven't got any answer.Is there anyone else that has Professor *****and is unable to see any documents on blackboard? In her email this morning she said she posted the syllabus and some other documents to print, but I don't even have the course listed in blackboard yet. Thanks!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: edit quote for tos
- 0Aug 18, '12 by y2dave13For those taking *****, and you haven't gone to BB, the reading list is as follows: (by the way, this is just week 1!)
Craven: Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9
Hogan: Chapter 4, 6
HESI: p 11-16, 322-323
Nugent and Vitale: Chapter 1 – p 1-12; Legal Issues p 40-51; Safety p 183-193
ANA: On-line Code of Ethics: Nursing World | Code of Ethics
NSNA: Code of Clinical and Academic Standards : NSNA Code for Student Nurses
Nurse Practice Act: Illinois Nurse Practice Act: Nurse Practice Act - Illinois
Lewis: Go to evolve site for Lewis and find “Study and Exam Taking Tips”
PrepU: See related topics
Elsevier: Case studies; see related topics
ATI: See related topicsLast edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: ToS--privacy/do not post names of school professors/staff
- 0I went home after the first orientation and got just the Craven and Med-Surg books! Now the booklist from D came in and I'm scrambling to get the rest in time without paying bookstore prices! Ahhh!
Anyway, I was late on Thursday but people said that now they are saying there is no Skills Lab the first week. Has this been triple confirmed? I meant to call since V told me Monday that there WAS. I put it off because I can't deal with the frustration!
Anyway, happy last weekend before craziness starts!
- 0Sorry, meant reading list! Someone has it posted above. The Med-Surg is Lewis but you only have to look up the study tips part on the site. So for those of you who don't have the book yet:
Medical-Surgical Nursing, 8th Edition - Sharon L. Lewis, Shannon Ruff Dirksen, Margaret M. Heitkemper & Linda Bucher. ISBN:9780323065801
There is no code to put in so you should be able to register and sign up now.
By the way, it took me forever to find the required section (Study and Exam Taking Tips). After you register, there will be a bar on the left side of the home page. Under My Content, click on Resources then click on the blue Lewis...etc. link. It will open a new page. Click on the blue Resources link. The section is under Chapter 1 under student resources, then Prepare for exams. A little convoluted but I hope that helps someone else save some time!
Feeling a little frustrated that I didn't just bite the bullet and get all the required books to begin with and now won't be prepared for the first day. Such is life, I guess!
- 0Ah I see! I thought I saw above that you also had D? It's really tricky not to be able to use names! We'll have to think of nicknames for everyone!
The booklist that I got in my email (not on BB) is the same as the one posted above. I have D and class MW 6:00-7:50. Maybe that can narrow it down!
- 0Aug 20, '12 by ItsmeJeffHi all, I'm Jeff, evening cohort 4-5:50 class. I couldn't get the BB to work either, all weekend. I'll call Tech today BUT is there any way someone can print an extra copy of whatever it is we're supposed to print for me? Just in case it doesn't pan out. I'll buy you Cheetohs or something to make up for the ink and paper! Or you can email me a copy of the docs (email@example.com) that'd be cool too.
On a side note to any feeling they're putting things off, don't worry, I don't have 1 book yet (needless to say I won't have any reading done by tonight) so you can't be off as bad as I am hahaha. I don't even have the book list, it never opens in my emails.
Anyway, see you all tonight.
- 0Aug 20, '12 by AidansmomIs there anyone in the 4-5:50 class that does have Nursing 101 listed in their Blackboard course list?
I got a hold of tech support and they said the only thing that can be the cause of the problem is that the professor needs to activate the course for us. I emailed our professor and asked her if that might be the issue, but I haven't heard back yet because I just sent it a minute ago. If some students in the class have the course listed I can't imagine that's the problem, but I wanted to check.