BSU Spring 2013 Applicants
- 0Sep 1, '12 by IDalove2Anyone else out there applying this October for Spring 2013 entry? Seems like a good idea to start a thread to give some support for each other for the crazy few months ahead. I know I am going to be a nervous wreck for a while, might as well not do it alone! I just wish they would post the application, and essay already so I can get things started already.Last edit by IDalove2 on Sep 1, '12 : Reason: Title
- 2,770 Visits
- 0Sep 13, '12 by katielovescoffeeI'm applying too, I'm so nervous!! Have you finished your essay? I'm finishing it up, then I have to print out the class descriptions for all of the pre-reqs I've taken out of state and I'm done. Good luck to you!
Robyn_A since you offered about the questions What was your GPA and your healthcare related experience when you got accepted. I just received my CNA but I haven't worked in the field yet so I'm wondering if that's going to hinder me.
Thanks in advance!!
- 0Sep 17, '12 by robyn_aMy prereq GPA was 3.73. I basically have zero healthcare experience, except volunteering at a hospital. You should be fine! I think that the admissions people like to see a well rounded candidate (open to new cultures, etc...) so not having a 4.0 or tons of healthcare experience won't disqualify you.
- 0Sep 20, '12 by IDalove2I also need to print out class descriptions, thanks for reminding me!
I am still working on my essay, I have a lot on my plate right now so I am juggling things quite a bit. I am done with the essay except my first question, which has been unusually difficult for me. I know nursing is what I want to do it is the embodiment of my passion, and reason for life. For some reason though I have a really hard time putting it into elegant words, that flow well and dont just sound like statements.
Good luck to you, keep me updated on your progress!
- 0Nov 8, '12 by IDalove2Olga the last time I talked to her said 6-8 weeks after application, so that puts us at 6 weeks this week. She said they were expecting to wrap up in 7 weeks and mailed out that weekend, so next weekend is the hopeful time to start seeing things. It will either be a very joyous Thanksgiving or one of mourning.