I need help finding information on how to follow my dads wishes I need help finding information on how to follow my dads wishes | allnurses

LEGAL NOTICE TO THE FOLLOWING ALLNURSES SUBSCRIBERS: Pixie.RN, JustBeachyNurse, monkeyhq, duskyjewel, and LadyFree28. An Order has been issued by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota that affects you in the case EAST COAST TEST PREP LLC v. ALLNURSES.COM, INC. Click here for more information

I need help finding information on how to follow my dads wishes

  1. 0 My dad is not on hospice, yet. He recently went home with a foley cath and is saying if he is found unconscious, he doesn't want treatment. He believes he will feel no pain and wants to be allowed to just go.

    Now, I can't just leave him for days at home alone if I find him that way since he is not on hospice, so I need to know if there are forms (Calif) or people who specialize in how to word an advance directive, so that I can call 911 or whoever? and then get treatment withheld.

    With what he has, he can live a few years-probably needing occasional blood transfusions- or be found unconscious and wants at that time to let nature take it's course.

    Where is the best place to find info that allows me to grant his wishes while protecting me legally if this situation happens?

  2. 4 Comments

  3. Visit  NC29mom profile page
    #1 1

    Check out the "FIVE WISHES"

    Its a great start, very simple to understand, and legal in California. Hopefully your father is alert/oriented and able to participate in creating his five wishes. Cheers to you for thinking ahead, and getting this done now. I wish you both the best.
  4. Visit  SandyB profile page
    #2 0
    Thank you!
  5. Visit  ♪♫ in my ♥ profile page
    #3 1
    Personally, I'd speak with an attorney who specializes in elder law. It'll cost a few hundred dollars but it's money well-spent.
  6. Visit  SuesquatchRN profile page
    #4 0
    Sandy, so much depends on in which state your dad resides. Talk to the attorney.