HESI A2 Vocabulary - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 25, '10 by NAM123A friend of mine just took the test and she said that there were probably only 3 words out of the hesi book that were on her test...
this is scary because you do not know what to expect...
those of you who already took the test:
Do they have words that you can figure out the answer if you know the prefix and suffixes?
- Jul 29, '10 by kenpochicI studied the study guide and i found the vocab section to be easy. There were one or two question where it was medical terminology but not worth going out of my way and getting a medical terminology book. I scored in the high 80's this way
- Oct 13, '11 by Kaca2Hi everyone! I need some evolve- vocabulary flashcards, do you guys have any suggestions where can I find some for free?
- Oct 14, '11 by fsuandreaThere is really no way to study vocab as there are millions of words in the English language... I took the test twice and the second time I took it was by far the hardest. I scored a 90 in the section. Some questions were "what is a dependent clause" know what a verb, adverb etc is. The rest of it is common sense.. "which word in the sentence is used incorrectly" ...."We went too the park today." a lot of it is distinguishing between "their and they're" "to and too" I only had a couple anatomy terms on it.
- Feb 7 by asciacca1Quote from Angel1990I am knew to this site as well. I took the HESI october 1st and I retake it again in 4 days. I failed only the vocab section. You can study for it..just get a hesi book, your school should have all the updated versions..Make flashcards of each word and study them like no other. Take practice tests from google...some of the questions are tricky...for example..there was a question regarding the word "labile" and when you study it..it means "changing rapidly and often" but the question was...what does the word labile mean..then it gave you more options of words you didnt know..all i know is the answer was volatile, which also means labile.Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and find it extemely helpful! My question is how are you studying for the Vocabulary section? I took the HESI June 28th and did well on everything else but the Vocab. Any reccomendations? Tips? Like what books to study prefixes and suffixes ( medical)? Thanks in advance!
- Feb 7 by asciacca1Some of the words are directional terms..like proximal, distal, superior, inferior...like in referance to the body. My other friend said one the questions was like "if you are taking someone to court...what are you doing?" and the answer was like "prosecuting" A lot of the words aren't on there which is scary..but if you have had experience in like anatomy or medical terminology you should be fine..its not TOO intense now that i have been studying forever for it.