- by stefonee356 Mar 25I am taking the HESI in May so can anyone give me any advice on it? I DONT have to take A&P or any science. Pkease I need help!
- Mar 25 by x_factorReview the Evolve study guide, it's almost identical to the test. The test is very simple, basic math, basic reading, ect.
- Mar 26 by futurenurse3610Should I read and make notecards or just read the evolve book since its so basic?
- Mar 26 by futurenurse3610Do you suggest reading the whole book and making notecards? Would reading be enough since its so basic (exct when it comes to the math portion of course).
- Mar 26 by x_factorMake notecards if there are vocabulary words you don't understand. Most of the words you'll likely recognize, however. Some of the words from the book may be on the exam (I had maybe 5-6 from the book). I found the vocab section easy, and made a 98% in that section. For reading and grammar, just read those sections and do the practice problems in the book. Same with math, work the practice problems, but don't over-stress on them because it is basic math. My exam had many ratio and proportion problems, as well as fractions.
- Mar 26 by fashionnscrubsHey There!
I just took the HESI today so I thought you would appreciate a fresh perspective. You do not have to take any sciences? LUCKY you! That's great! You will do just fine then..as long as english is your first language..it consists of everything you learn in grade school, literally. It is beyond easy! Reading is a mixture of reading paragraphs then answering questions based upon the information. For example, I had a passage about the Summer Olympics from 2008 in China and a questions was "When was the Summer Olympics held?"...lol...it was super easy and nothing that I would say you can really study for. As far as grammar, just read over what exactly a verb is, a noun, how they are used...but this part was mostly fill in the blank with the correct answer. So it would say here is a sentence.."Bob _ to the store on his way home." Choices: A: Was B: Went C: Going D: Is. Very obvious choices! To me, again, this is not a section you can really study for...its common sense. Vocabulary was not what was in the HESI study guide, it was more everyday words that you will know by simply reading the sentence. There was a couple I was not sure about because the choices didnt really click to me, but that was only a couple. In the HESI study guide I think I spent maybe 1 hour just flipping through the grammar section and brushing up on it so I was comfortable, however reading and vocab is common sense and you will do AMAZING!!! Good Luck!
- Mar 28 by stefonee356Awesome! Thanks so much for the input. I really appreciate it! What did you score?
- Mar 30 by NRSdedeRead the math part of the book the English and reading are very basic...the small science part I didn't do good on because i don't know med term but still passed... Make sure u know things like household mesurments (ML,L,pints etc) also now how to do problems with this symbol ( example 5x:60 it's in the book and know your fractions the rest is basic math I had like 4 word problems