NICU jobs in HawaiiRegister Today!
- by 1dragnet Dec 12, '07I am currently an NICU nurse in Southern California. My husband and I are moving to Hawaii in July-that much is for sure-which island is not. I am attempting to determine if Honolulu is my only option. Is there NICU or general nursery opportunities on the other islands. I would appreciate any help on this issue.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=267319©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,473 Views
- Jun 18, '08 by PualehuananiQuote from 1dragnetKapiolani Women's and Children has the best NICU in the islands. I work at Queens and we send our NICU babies to Kap.I am currently an NICU nurse in Southern California. My husband and I are moving to Hawaii in July-that much is for sure-which island is not. I am attempting to determine if Honolulu is my only option. Is there NICU or general nursery opportunities on the other islands. I would appreciate any help on this issue.
There are no decent NICU's on the neighbor islands but there are general nurseries on all islands, of course. You will be welcomed here!
Good luck with your move!
- Jun 19, '08 by 1dragnetThank you for the information. It is a relief to hear because that is exactly where I got a job. I start July 7th. We are in the middle of our final preparations for the move and it is CRAZY! Are you from the mainland or Hawaii born or from some other exotic country?
- Jun 9, '12 by NICUhawaiiHi NICU nurses,
I'm on the mainland and aching for Hawaii. We are trying to move in the next 4 months to Honolulu. My sister is going to be stationed there for the next 2 years so it will be really nice to have our kids together for the first time ever. I have 5 years NICU III experience and have spent just 3 weeks on Oahu before and can't wait to go back. I'm hopeful to get a job at Kap' iolani. I am wondering what the pay is as I am pretty sure it is Union. I have a few questions...
1. What do union hospitals on oahu start at for new nurse grads and up to 5 yrs experience?
2. Also, what are shift diffs for eve/night/weekends.
3. What is per diem or prn (ecb) hourly pay?
4. When does overtime pay start after 36 or 40 hours/week
5. Do they ever offer critical need incentive pay or bonuses for additional shifts worked (we had this at my last job, 115.00 incentive per extra shift worked, plus regular pay and overtime pay, it was awesome)
Please feel free to leave any additional info if you have worked at Kapiolani NICU, or other NICU's in Honolulu Hawaii.
And also, if you are currently working there i would love to chat with you, just leave me an email. It always helps to have a friendly referral to get your foot in the door.
Thanks to any and all who reply...
- Jun 17, '12 by worfKaiser Moanalua has a NICU, Tripler Army Medical Center just renovated their NICU, and of course there is Kapiolani. Not sure about pay or anything, but there are plenty of opportunities here, as long as you have experience!