How long does it take to get a Hawaii RN license?
- 0Jan 19, '11 by janice_c67I am a new grad in CA, licensed in california in August. I have two questions actually, how long would it take to get licensed in HI (someone told me it takes like a year to get a HI license!) and also, is there any hope of a new grad getting a job in Hawaii? Does anyone know of any hospitals that will hire new grads?
- 0Jan 19, '11 by gazeyballI'm an RN in WA and I just applied for a HI RN license last week since I'll be moving there. One of my friends I went to nursing school with who now works in FL said it took her about 3-4 weeks to get her FL RN license so hopefully it should take about the same. I'll let you know how long it takes me!
As far as hiring new grads, it doesn't sound too hopeful right now from what I've been hearing from friends there and on forums. But you'll never know unless you try. Good luck!
- 0Feb 3, '11 by rad sugari'm a new grad out here in hawaii. i graduated from school in FL, then moved out here and took my NCLEX in hawaii.
i sent off the check and paperwork to get my license over a week ago, and i haven't gotten anything back yet. (i passed my NCLEX, so i sent them back the license paperwork they mailed me with my report that i had passed).
as far as new grad jobs go... if you hear of anything let me know! i've been looking for months and keep coming up with nothing. there seems to be a lot of home health jobs here, but i'm not sure how keen they are to hire new grads.
some of my friends with experience are having a really hard time finding jobs out here now.
- 0Feb 3, '11 by janice_c67I have been looking for jobs for 7 months, and nothing. I have been working in the same hospital for almost 14 years and know lots and lots of nurses and admin staff and they just aren't hiring new grads . I have been looking out of state but still nothing is turning up. What can I say, it's so discouraging right now, I can't imagine ever getting an offer
- 0Mar 2, '12 by daboi26I also sent my endorsement application last feb 25 to the BON here in hawaii. im just so clueless right now if they already started with the process of my license. and im a bit worried if i missed out any papers that i need to include for the requirements. the papers that i sent was the license without exam form,check,and photocopy of RN license in cali. can anyone tell me if i missed out anything. PS: i did not apply for a temporary permit.