Hawaii Nursing CultureRegister Today!
- by pokey82much Mar 25, '09Hi!
I am a new grad working a little less than 9 months on a respiratory cardiology floor in Portland, OR .....born and raised in Hawaii, eventually hoping to return to all my family and friends. From all the posts in this forum I gather I won't be coming home soon Someday I will!!!!!
I had attended a nursing school up in the mainland and was curious to know if there was a difference in the culture of nursing (interactions w/ patients, MD's, family, other nursing staff; the way nurses give care, etc.) between the mainland and the islands. If anyone could share their experiences, that would be great!
- Mar 26, '09 by WindwardOahuRNOh my. Talk about opening up a can of worms.
- Mar 27, '09 by Slobgoblol.
I thought the same thing last night. Luckily I had just gotten off a 12, and needed to go to sleep.
Well, same thing again tonight.
Maybe tomorrow i'll open up that can. =P~
- Mar 27, '09 by BigIsleBoundThese replies are intriguing... I wish I knew the subtext here. I'd love it if one you could please address the OP's question, I think it's a good one.
- Would someone please open the can of worms? Someone please answer the original post? I'm listening.
- May 19, '09 by SlobgobYou're from Maui... you really need explanation?
*hint: Working three days in a row isn't hard... except it gets tricky finding a new lay every morning before work*
- Slobgob, (1) Sounds like we're different. I'm happily married to the man of my dreams. Don't need to find new friends every day. I've got everything I need at home. (2) I'm FOB. Yes, would like an explanation. Really.
- May 19, '09 by SlobgobLOL!
I was talkin about the "floral" lay...
- Oh, that makes more sense. :smackingf You mean lei. :chuckle Now I'm laughing too!
lei: (in the Hawaiian Islands) a wreath of flowers, leaves, etc., for the neck or head. plural leis
lay: Slang: Vulgar. to have sexual intercourse with. [dictionary.com]
- Jun 18, '09 by AngelWorkLOL! do you really wear a Lei? Do you work in a Hotel? or is that just a joke?