Reserve RNRegister Today!
- by StillsmilingRN Jan 3Can someone tell me about reserve? I haven't ASN looking to start classes this spring for BSN but I've heard reserve will take u as ASN n help u work toward BSN
- Per my research on the Army, Navy, and USAF websites, the Nurse Corps will only take BSNs. BSN is required for both Active Duty and Reserve nurse officers. A few years ago the Army Reserve used to take ASN but no more. They now require a BSN and 6 months of nursing experience.
Also, see short article written by Lunah regarding general requirements for each branch: http://allnurses.com/government-mili...ry-647549.htmlLast edit by Enthused RN on Jan 4 : Reason: extra word deleted
- I should have added - it might be worth it to still talk to a recruiter. There are programs for students that you repay any money/benefits received through a certain number of years of active duty service, not reserve service. I heard these programs are highly competitive. Look through the threads on AN and think about contacting health care recruiters in the branch(es) you are interested in.
- Jan 4 by StillsmilingRNThank I was thinking the same thing cuz I culdnt find ne thing in the website. My life long dream has been to serve either AF or Army. I'm worried I'm getting to old, I won't be able to apply for FY2014 bc I won't be done w my BSN n I'm 32 this yr
- I don't think the age will be a barrier. The USAF website says they take people between 18-48 (Joining the Air Force: Commissioned Officer Overview - airforce.com) depending on the field so you have more than a decade to get going; however, I think I understand where you're coming from. I feel like I'm getting old too.
- Jan 4 by LunahRNQuote from StillsmilingRNYou won't be too old. I didn't commission until I was 38.Thank I was thinking the same thing cuz I culdnt find ne thing in the website. My life long dream has been to serve either AF or Army. I'm worried I'm getting to old, I won't be able to apply for FY2014 bc I won't be done w my BSN n I'm 32 this yr