Qualifications for military nurseRegister Today!
- by simmaplease Jan 1Do military nurses have to go through basic training and meet the same physical and medical requirements as all other recruits?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805282©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 592 Views
- The basic training for officers is a bit different than what our enlisted people experience. You would have to meet the same height/weight/physical and medical standards, though. There is a "sticky" at the bottom of the forum with links to the various services where you can find more information: http://allnurses.com/government-mili...ry-647549.html
- Jan 1 by simmapleaseThank you for your reply. I noticed that your link said that most branches require a BSN. When I've looked on my own at the official websites I did not see that BSN is a minimum requirement. I will graduate with my ADN in just a few months and I have already been accepted into an MSN program to start immediately after graduation. Will I still be considered if I am enrolled in a higher degree program?
- BSN is now the minimum for all branches. I would think that an MSN from an accredited school/program would be fine, but you should check to be sure.
- To clarify: you must have the degree, not just be enrolled, before you could commission. Does your potential MSN program allow you to earn a BSN along the way?