New to Navy, ODS, Portsmouth-need any help? - Page 6Register Today!
- May 17, '12 by jrg127Thanks sw88tpea!
- May 22, '12 by Sw88tpeaThis is not particularly uplifting. It's good to know what you're getting into. Remember you are joining at a time of war. It's easy to forget from our peaceful soils. Keep our deployed joint forces in your prayers.
Real deployment nursing: A chance in hell | Inside a combat hospital in Afghanistan | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
- May 30, '12 by confusedstudent_88Hi I'm not sure if this was answered. But I was wondering about the physical portion of ODS. When you do your push ups is it on your knees or feet? Female just wondering for training purposes! Thanks!
- May 30, '12 by littleluvbugnavyGet up on your feet!!! No girl push ups allowed!
- May 30, '12 by confusedstudent_88Thanks!
- Jul 4, '12 by Sw88tpeaHappy 4th! Be loud and proud America!
- Jul 5, '12 by bmm38I'm currently in the Navy's Nurse Candidate Program and will be graduating in May 2013. (YAY!) I was just wondering...what are the shifts like for Navy Nurses? (How long and how often?) I know they must vary based on the setting but I'm just looking for a general estimate since I've been curious for awhile now. Thanks!
- Jul 6, '12 by Sw88tpeaHi there, I work a standard block schedule Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, then Wednesday, Thursday and repeat. So I have a three day weekend every other week. I work 12 hours shifts 7-7. We rotate days and nights every six weeks for six weeks. That's the deal.
- Jul 25, '12 by ameadows4when you say that there arent 10 days between ODS and your duty station...exactly how many days do they give you?
- Jul 25, '12 by runnergirl86It depends on where you are going. If you are flying from ODS back home, then driving to your next duty station they'll give you travel days depending on how far you are going (e.g. flying back to Seattle then driving down to San Diego). However each command is different. Bethesda allotted one travel day and the day of graduation (friday) counted as the travel day so I needed to report on Saturday.