New Army Nurse! - Page 4Register Today!
- I am DYING to receive my orders! The branch manager said I should hear by...last week. I would love to get stationed at Ft. Sam! I will def see you there!
- Waiting for orders is rough. It was almost as bad as waiting for my Nclex results. I'm currently recruiting nurse cadets for ROTC. I'll be down there on 4Jan.
- Lunah -
I can now run 2 miles! The only problem is it takes me between 21 and 23 minutes :uhoh21: But I do run almost everyday and given that 2 months ago I couldn't even run a half a mile (and I had to stop running for 4 weeks because of bronchitis), I'd say I should be able to pass the running before BOLC is over.
I will actually be there for 3 Jan because I am attending the pre-BOLC course...which I didn't know existed until about 2 weeks ago haha
Unless they change their mind and send me to a different BOLC date!
- whats the pre bolc course? And how come I haven't heard of this?
- It's for direct commissions (like me) who don't have prior military experience or take ROTC. From what I understand, it's just to teach you basic military...things for lack of a better word.
- Nov 21, '11 by LunahRNPre-BOLC is something that is kind of under-utilized -- it's for direct commissions who have no prior Army experience. They teach you the basics -- how to salute, who to salute and when, that kind of stuff. The people in my BOLC class who went to pre-BOLC also went out to Camp Bullis during pre-BOLC and got oriented to land nav, weapons, etc. They said it was very beneficial. Unfortunately not many recruiters have the info on pre-BOLC. Of our BOLC class of 200-something, only 6 people went to pre-BOLC. Granted, not all of those 200-something people were direct commissions, either.
Teddy, good job on the running!! I also developed full-on bronchitis after my last post in this thread, and finally went on some abx to clear it up. I tried running a couple weeks ago and it was pitiful, hahaha. But I'm back on the wagon, running daily. Feels great. You'll be just fine at BOLC!
- Ahh I got ya. I'm prior service and did ROTC while in nursing school, so if you have any questions feel free to ask or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunah- I just read your 50 things to know while at BOLC, and it was AWESOME. I knew alot from being prior serivce and did AIT at Ft Sam, but great stuff for the Army Newbies out there.
- Dec 2, '11 by teddy4987I GOT MY ORDERS