Air Force NursingRegister Today!
- by tkrigbaum Aug 15, '12Hi Everyone!
I just found out that I received a position for OB in the Air Force. I received my assignment to go to COT in March (a long wait) then proceed to NTP since I am a new grad. I was curious if anyone had information about COT (besides what is available on the website) and about NTP. I will be at a civilian hospital for my NTP and this makes me very nervous for when I actually get to my base. I won't have experience with the military system. Is the NTP training in my specialty or all areas of nursing? Thanks so much!!
- Hi Taryn!! Congrats!
I will also be going to COT in March! I hope to see you there! I don't know very much about COT besides what is on the website, but I do know it is important to start exercising prior to going. In the Air Force you are an officer FIRST and an RN second as well, so we will be grouped with doctors, lawyers, dentists, etc. I hear it is a great time, although very busy.
Do you know what NTP program you are going to? I am going to the one in Cincinnati, Ohio at the University Medical Center there. The purpose of NTP is to let you hone in on your nursing skills, once you get to your base you will learn about the AF hospital policy & procedures and charting. I don't know if NTP is specific to OB or Med/surg though.
Have you already graduated?
- Hello AFhopeful! I will see you at COT and in Cincinnati!! That is so awesome! I'm here in Colorado, where are you?! I have been working with a trainer for almost 3 months now. Have taken 2:30 off my 1.5 mile and can meet the sit-ups and push up requirements now. But, I hope to be able to get far past those requirements! I graduated in December of 2011. I am currently working in acute geri psych hospital. What about you? Are you going OB or Med/Surg?
- Thanks samoansundevil! Do you know what number alternate you are?
- just did another search on this website because i know this topic has been covered before- it's just a challenge to find the articles, and here is a great one. http://allnurses.com/government-mili...-a-459988.html
- I will graduate this December 2012. I put in for Med/surg! I have been training as well, but by myself for the past month. Pushups are definitely my weakness haha. I am currently in Arizona and I guess there isn't a Scottsdale Ntp starting up the time we will be going! I am excited for Cincinnati though. Do you know where you will be stationed after NTP? I think there is a thread on this forum for books to read as a military nurse/officer too if you are interested.
- That was a great article thank you for finding it!
- Aug 15, '12 by samoansundevilyou're welcome I am alternate #1!
- Quote from AFhopefulDarn, I was hoping you would be here and we could get together. Let me know if you need help preparing for the NCLEX... that was a butt kicker. I took a prep class which helped because I only received 75 questions, but I really thought I had failed. Push ups are awful, I'm at 24 right now, but I'm not a strong runner either... After NTP I will be stationed at Langely Virginia. What about you? I definitely need to find that books to read thread!I will graduate this December 2012. I put in for Med/surg! I have been training as well, but by myself for the past month. Pushups are definitely my weakness haha. I am currently in Arizona and I guess there isn't a Scottsdale Ntp starting up the time we will be going! I am excited for Cincinnati though. Do you know where you will be stationed after NTP? I think there is a thread on this forum for books to read as a military nurse/officer too if you are interested.