Air Force NTP Boards July 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 9 by tashacorinneMed-surg
- Jul 9 by BlackhawksQuote from tashacorinneI was told by my recruiter(Chicago) that last year they accepted 46 total(40 for med-surg and 6 for o/b) and a little over 300 people applied. This year he said they are accepting 35(30 for med-surg and 5 for o/b) and he expects around 300 applications again. I'm not sure if this is all correct, but it is what I have been told.SN2013 - I ended up as #9 on the waiting list! We were so close!!!
mestrela - My recruiter told me they are accepting 30 this year, a little less than last year (which was 35 I believe). I think about 300 applications get in... Just a guess. My recruiter for Northern California/Parts of Nevada only turned in about 10 applications for that whole area.
- Jul 9 by tashacorinneI didn't include OB, sorry. I don't really think about it.
Last year they probably did end up accepting 40 med/surg, but when I was applying I was told they were taking 35. So maybe this year they might take a little more than they say!
- Jul 10 by SN2013Blackhawk, when do you graduate?
- Jul 11 by mestrelaI applied for OB because I want to work in high-risk L&D someday. Also, my recruiter told me that my chances of getting in are higher if I go the OB route. 300 is a huge amount if they are only bringing on 30. How is everyone doing on training for their PT (if they get in!)? I'm really struggling with the push-ups. I'm a weakling and can only do 8 right now (but that's up from a week ago when I could only do 5). I'm more of a runner and pilates/yoga type of exerciser. I keep making plans like I will get accepted because I'm deathly optimistic. Only 36-ish more days until we should all know!
- Jul 14 by StephanephI applied for the July '13 boards as well. I am just finishing up a second degree BSN program (nursing is a second career for me). Mestrela, I've been working on push-ups too with the hopes of being accepted. What attracted you all to the Air Force?
- Jul 15 by mestrelaStephaneph-what attracted me most was the career and education opportunities. Then I did some research and I really liked how family oriented the Air Force is. I also really like to help others and the AF allows me to do that. What about you?
- Jul 18 by adgesmeraldiamondSo... What dates is the board meeting? I didn't even bother to ask. I just knew in July with notification in August. I didn't bother asking my recruiter since I didn't want to obsess about it. But now I find myself wanting to obsess and not having any clear idea about when I may or may not hear back from him. I've been doing this for some time now... I just want to get in!
- Jul 18 by StephanephMestrela, I was attracted to the AF for many of the same reasons - education/training, focus on community and chance for adventure.