I got fired today - page 4
by NurseLoveJoy88 | 10,247 Views | 37 Comments
Been in nursing for five years and this is my first time being fired. I got fired from a LTC facility.I had to reschedule my class room orientation due to having an exam and had one call out for on the floor orientation due to... Read More
- 0Nov 22, '11 by TonyaM73Quote from NurseLoveJoy88All the time. It sounds like it was for the best. It stinks being fired, but it would stink even more to work for someone you had a bad feeling about and they treated you like crud. You have experience, so that is a good thing and you will find something else soon.I posted about a month ago how I didn't like the interview with her. I kind of had a feeling that I would not want to work for her. I guess its' a blessing. God is still good.
- 1Nov 22, '11 by Hospice Nurse LPNQuote from NurseLoveJoy88I'm trying to look at the glass half full: At least I get to spend Thanksgiving with my family ( I already told them I won't be avail. for dinner due to working 3-11p) and I can focus more on school ( I graduate in 4 weeks). I'm going to stay focused and stay positive.
Big hugs, LoveJoy! Enjoy your Thanksgiving w/ the family. I'm sorry this happened to you. The DON sounds like a real piece of work. Something else better is just around the corner.
- 1Nov 22, '11 by Jael11It wasn't meant to be for you. A rejection(fired) is never the easiest thing to deal with but at the end it grants you experience for future endeavors.
Since it was only orientation and you weren't there for a long time. Your not obligated to put it on your resume, or even address the situation in future interviews.
Brush yourself off, give yourself some positive reinforcement and move forward. I'm sure in the coming days or weeks, if your continue to search you will find the job that will fit you perfectly. Just wait, in your next position you won't even think twice of this facility that let you go.
Good luck to you.
- 1Nov 22, '11 by MerlynBUMMER you were firer. They made you wait because they were wanted you to suffer.
I've been through it more than once so I know how you feel. BUT you get out of school in 4 weeks! You don't even have to put the place as a reference! You can say that you have been a student for five years, PSYCHODELIC! Send these loosers a Christmas card stating if you didn't firer me you could have an RN for the holidays. Don't worry about the future. These people can't do any thing to you. Have a Good Thanksgiving!
- 1Feb 8, '12 by buddy99I would go with your initial 'gut' feeling. I also had a job interview so messed up I didn't even realize I was in an interview. The facility had lost some of my papers/couldn't find some of my papers and I knew in my gut that this place was disorganized but took the job anyway. I could never find the forms I needed etc. Bottom line is to go with your gut feeling!