Working/worked at Piedmont Atlanta?Register Today!
- by jawharah Jan 2Any nurses who have worked or are currently working at Piedmont Atlanta, what is this hospital like? Pros/Cons? I'm considering applying to their surgical floor in the near future and just need ANY info anyone has! Thanks in advance
- Jan 6 by Marshall1I've never worked there but know someone who did. He drove close to an hour and 1/2 4 days a week one day to work there and had made this drive for over 10 yrs - that's how much he likes it.
- Jan 8 by jawharahQuote from Marshall1Not sure what happened to my previous comment, but thanks for sharing that. That says a lot, commuting is no joke and I can't imagine driving that long to work for that amount of time!I've never worked there but know someone who did. He drove close to an hour and 1/2 4 days a week one day to work there and had made this drive for over 10 yrs - that's how much he likes it.
- Jan 16 by gemini79it used to be great but the hospital recently went to staffing based on numbers and not acuity, which is terrible because the hospital see very sick patients. Many nurses that worked there for years, have left Piedmont.
- Feb 12 by jawharahSo I applied to Piedmont and I have an interview tomorrow. I'm very nervous about the test; apparently it's a med-surg and drug calc exam. Anyone take this exam? How many questions? What's it like? I wasn't able to study for it as I had to work 5 days in a row this weekend/week due to training at my current job. Any input would be greatly appreciated! TIA
- Feb 13 by pcawizThe drug calc is easy if you can follow a given formula for insulin sliding scale dosages. A guy that was recently hired on my floor said the tests weren't bad and they give you a retry on the math one if you don't pass the first time, but you have to wait a certain amount of time before retaking.
- Feb 13 by jawharahThanks, Kevin! I passed the test and had my interview. I was told I'd get a call back. I thought it went well, but we'll see. What floor do you work on and how do you like Piedmont?