Who wants to go to Emory? Summer 2013 ABSN/MSN - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 12 by kelseynelleI got an acceptance phone call today too! But nothing has showed up on opus yet... has it for anyone else?
- Jan 12 by lindsay999No OPUS for me either. Earlier on this thread someone said the decision doesn't show up on opus until 1/25 though...
I can't wait to get this letter in the mail, it doesn't feel real yet!
- Jan 12 by aytiHi, congrats on those accepted. I got accepted to the ABSN/MSN program last year but was unable to attend for financial reasons.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Jan 14 : Reason: ToS--remove BST/Solicitation
- Jan 12 by SMB13Emory is my top choice, but I'm still waiting on a few other programs and will have to see what kind of financial aid offers i get... good ones I hope!
So I don't know for certain that the accepted students date will be the 8th. I was told that over the phone, but when I asked for more details she couldn't give me any and said I will get more information in the mail. I believe last year's cohort met around the same time so it's probably a good bet.
@kelseynelle: no change on OPUS for me either!
- Jan 13 by HealthEnthusiastI got the call too! Congrats to the others who were accepted!
I'm in the same boat as you, Suebnp. I really like Emory, but I won't be able to make a decision until I find out about aid/scholarships. On that note, I better get back to finishing up my scholarship and fellowship essays...
- Jan 14 by marmadukeHi! Yes, I got a phone call too, or rather, my parents got a phone call (I think I gave them my parents' home phone number on the application as I am currently living in Germany), saying that I got in! Nothing on OPUS yet though either. I am excited about Emory, heard it's a great school, and really like the program, but as most of you are saying, I need to find out about financial aid first...it's too expensive without any, and I got into some other schools that are about 1/2 of Emory's price. Kind of annoying we won't find out about scholarships/financial aid until March. Anyone know if/when we have to give them our answer, and deposit and whatever?
Anyone know how many clinical hours it is? Or when orientation starts?
Since I'm abroad won't be able to go to the Accepted Students Day...but hope it goes well! Congrats to everyone who got in!
- Jan 14 by FingersCross'dI got my call today!! I'm in and congrats to all you others! The woman who called me said they will be updating OPUS tomorrow with decisions and they they are trying their best to call all the accepted students before then (but I got the impression that they weren't finished). So for all who are left waiting, there is still a chance!! Good luck everyone! Hope to see you Feb 8th
- Jan 14 by SMB13Congrats to those who got in!!!
@marmaduke: in past years, the deadline for the deposit was March 1st and the ABSN program requires 756 hours. Not sure when the orientation is, but the program starts in May.
- Jan 14 by SMB13Did anyone apply for the scholarship or fellowship?
- Jan 14 by lindsay999@SuebNP - I didn't get a chance to apply to the scholarship.. the deadline came way too fast! I am so lost when it comes to all of this financial aid stuff! Anybody have any idea of where to start looking?