Kennesaw Spring 2013 applicants - Page 8Register Today!
- Aug 24, '12 by nutrizunJust wanted to make sure, when you guys go into Owl Express and go to Program Applications and then to Nursing Interview Signup, it does say, "It appears that you are not pre-selected for interview.Please contact the School of Nursing administrators at 770-499-3211 if you have further questions." Right?
- Aug 24, '12 by triciah2005Yes, mine still says that...I check everyday! But I'm scared to keep checking because what if it never changes?
- Aug 24, '12 by nutrizunI just realized I could do that. Now I have something else to obsessively check... I hope ours do change, triciah2005!
- Aug 24, '12 by WhiteSnoopyEven after you get the letter about being (if lucky) invited for an interview the wait is not over. About two weeks from the letter is the interview, and after that it takes forever to get the accepted / denied letter. So, stop stressing, you will be waiting for the rest of your life .
My owl express states:
Interview registration is closed. Please contact the School of Nursing administrators at 770-499-3211 if you have further questions.Last edit by WhiteSnoopy on Aug 24, '12
- Aug 25, '12 by wisdomhunterMine says the same as the two of you. I wonder why yours is different, WhiteSnoopy? Is this your second time applying, maybe? I check every day, and I will probably fall off my chair if I ever see it's something different!
- Aug 25, '12 by kcozonacTriciah, I had to switch to a different Chem lab. I have it Thursdays at 11 now. How is yours? I'm pretty happy with my schedule an profs.
As for waiting 2-3 more weeks, eek! At least I'm busy with classes and trying to focus my attention there. I do stay busy. Besides my course load I also work and I have 3 kids, and my husband's Army Reserves... Kind of crazy at home. I wouldn't have it any other way though - I'd just get bored!
- Aug 25, '12 by WhiteSnoopyYes, this is my second time around. Last semester I was invited for an interview and signed up for it on owl express. That is probably why I have a different message there from yours. I am sorry to confuse you than. One think I can tell you is that I found out about an interview on owl express before the letter came, but it was the same day for both. I am praying for all of us to be invited. I am nervous because my GPA got a little worse since the last try, but my TEAS score is a little better. I am hoping that smaller number of applicants and more seats for us will help.
- Aug 25, '12 by triciah2005I was looking for someone with short red hair and did not see you, so that explains it!
- Aug 26, '12 by kcozonacHey y'all... as we're waiting to hear about interviews, we might as well start preparing as if we'll get the interview, right? I found this list of interview questions from another thread on this forum:
If you are looking for interview questions, I found a list on this site back when I applied for the Fall 2011 group. I prepared an answer for every single question listed and there was only 1 question that they asked that wasn't on the list. However, since I'd prepared all of these answers, I already had answers that I could adapt to the question they asked that wasn't on the list. So, my point is go through this list and prepare answers. Also, do the mock interview. You'll do great!
• They ask about cheating, care, organization, integrity etc...
• The interview is centered around what they believe to be important qualities to a nurse: leadership, customer service oriented, compassion, ethics, problem-solving, etc...
1. Why have you chosen nursing, what lead to here?
2. What experience do you have in the medical field, if any?
3. Name an ethical situation you have been in and how you handled it.
4. Name a situation that influenced a change in your personal morals.
5. Describe a time when you showed compassion.
6. Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
7. Tell me a situation where you showed integrity.
8. Tell me a situation where you had to be flexible.
9. Tell me a situation where you showed good decision making.
10. Tell us about a time you had a difficult patient/customer and how you resolved it.
11. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
12. How do you time manage?
13. Tell us about a time when you made a mistake.
14. Tell us about a time you showed leadership.
15. Why do you feel you would be a good nurse?
16. Nursing school is hard, how do you know you are prepared to be a nurse?
17. Tell me about yourself (Relate this to WHY you are here, interviewing for KSU nursing, etc)
18. Why have you chosen KSU?
19. Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how you handled it.
20. Tell me about a time when a coworker was not pulling his/her weight on your team.
21. What would make us pick you over someone else for this opportunity?
22. What do you think makes a good nurse?
• Have a few questions prepared to ask them at the end!
--quoted from gtqueen371
- Aug 27, '12 by racquel30Thanks for the info kcozonac, it will be really helpful if I get an interview!
If I get a chance today I'm going to stop by the nursing office and ask about the letters. I haven't emailed or stopped by there yet, so maybe I can get something out of them