Kennesaw Spring 2013 applicants - page 41
It seems way early to be posting this, but the application deadline actually isn't too far away. Is anyone else applying to KSU for spring 2013 admission? I've requested to be considered for the traditional and accelerated... Read More
- 5Oct 10, '12 by RedtrainHi everyone,
I would like to congratulate to everyone who got into their programs.
I have not posted here for a long time, but today I got my acceptance letter to the traditional program, and I wanted to share the good news. It is strange, but I feel tired. I should be feeling some excitment or something.
Well, maybe I feel this way because of all the stress I have gone through until this evening when I finally had THE LETTER in my hand.
I would like to encourage those of you who did not get in this time. I remember, I almost gave up at the very begining because I did not believe in myself that I can do this.
I started my prereqs nearly three years ago. I remember sitting in class during my very first A&P lecture. I also remember how I felt after it was over. I am from Hungary, English is my third language so you can imagine.. I drove home after lecture and I broke down, I was in tears. I thought I will never be able to get through that class, simply because I thought my English was not good enough for that. I thought that I did not have a chance.. Well, after a lot of hard work, I proved myself otherwise!
You just have to believe in yourself and focus and do your best!!
Now, I feel better.. I think it started to sink in.. Wow, what an opportunity we, who made it in, all have. KSU is an excellent school, and I feel very fortunate to be a part of their nursing program.
I can not wait to meet everyone at orientation!
- 0Quote from amytaylor87wow! you give me a bit of hope!Hey rachfog I got in and my teas test was a 70%, all A's on science/math except for one B, overall GPA is 3.76. Those who didn't get in don't give up because i didn't think i would even get an interview because my teas test was so low.
- 2Oct 11, '12 by KSUBioGradCongrats to everyone on receiving acceptance letters!! Definitely don't get discouraged if you are on standby!! I started the accelerated program this semester and absolutely love it! It is a lot of hard work but I feel myself thinking more and more like a nurse everyday. It's crazy how much you can learn in such a short amount of time. Take time for yourself over these next few months, you will be glad you did when january rolls around! Can't wait to meet you all at orientation
- 0Quote from tardisdawgWow! That's what I am worried about for the time when it comes for me to apply (for Spring 2014). My overall GPA from my previous was less than stellar (around yours). But my math/science and top 7 gpas are awesome. Thank you for sharing!Rachfog, I got an 87 on the TEAS, A's and B's for the prereq courses, and an overall GPA of 3.23 (with a Bachelor's in biology from UGA). I seriously thought my low GPA would be a problem for the accelerated program, but I'm glad I was wrong!
- 0Oct 11, '12 by triciah2005Rachfog, I'm not sure of my actual gpa, my KSU gpa (based on 7 classes) is a 3.81. From the tons of classes I transferred in, I had about a 3.65? So it's somewhere in the middle! I got a 83.3 on the Teas, 6/7 math and science were A's and 7/12 is a 4.0. I also have some hospital experience under my belt. It's a common misconception that you HAVE to have straight A's/amazing gpa/85 and up on the teas! They want well rounded individuals....do your absolute best, of course, but don't make yourself crazy! Best of luck to you
- 0Quote from Pleigh33I know, I was trying to avoid going over 40 pages.Rachfog, I was just accepted into the traditional program and i got an 84 on the teas overall gpa is 3.81 prereq best 7 of 12 is a 4.0. Also most of us posted our stats already at the beginning of the thread so that is an option too if more people don't post.
Congrats to you!!!
Rachfog, I'm not sure of my actual gpa, my KSU gpa (based on 7 classes) is a 3.81. From the tons of classes I transferred in, I had about a 3.65? So it's somewhere in the middle! I got a 83.3 on the Teas, 6/7 math and science were A's and 7/12 is a 4.0. I also have some hospital experience under my belt. It's a common misconception that you HAVE to have straight A's/amazing gpa/85 and up on the teas! They want well rounded individuals....do your absolute best, of course, but don't make yourself crazy! Best of luck to you