Kennesaw Spring 2013 applicants - page 7
It seems way early to be posting this, but the application deadline actually isn't too far away. Is anyone else applying to KSU for spring 2013 admission? I've requested to be considered for the... Read More
Aug 26, '12 by kcozonacHey y'all... as we're waiting to hear about interviews, we might as well start preparing as if we'll get the interview, right? I found this list of interview questions from another thread on this forum:
If you are looking for interview questions, I found a list on this site back when I applied for the Fall 2011 group. I prepared an answer for every single question listed and there was only 1 question that they asked that wasn't on the list. However, since I'd prepared all of these answers, I already had answers that I could adapt to the question they asked that wasn't on the list. So, my point is go through this list and prepare answers. Also, do the mock interview. You'll do great!
• They ask about cheating, care, organization, integrity etc...
• The interview is centered around what they believe to be important qualities to a nurse: leadership, customer service oriented, compassion, ethics, problem-solving, etc...
1. Why have you chosen nursing, what lead to here?
2. What experience do you have in the medical field, if any?
3. Name an ethical situation you have been in and how you handled it.
4. Name a situation that influenced a change in your personal morals.
5. Describe a time when you showed compassion.
6. Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
7. Tell me a situation where you showed integrity.
8. Tell me a situation where you had to be flexible.
9. Tell me a situation where you showed good decision making.
10. Tell us about a time you had a difficult patient/customer and how you resolved it.
11. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
12. How do you time manage?
13. Tell us about a time when you made a mistake.
14. Tell us about a time you showed leadership.
15. Why do you feel you would be a good nurse?
16. Nursing school is hard, how do you know you are prepared to be a nurse?
17. Tell me about yourself (Relate this to WHY you are here, interviewing for KSU nursing, etc)
18. Why have you chosen KSU?
19. Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how you handled it.
20. Tell me about a time when a coworker was not pulling his/her weight on your team.
21. What would make us pick you over someone else for this opportunity?
22. What do you think makes a good nurse?
• Have a few questions prepared to ask them at the end!
Thanks for the info kcozonac, it will be really helpful if I get an interview!
If I get a chance today I'm going to stop by the nursing office and ask about the letters. I haven't emailed or stopped by there yet, so maybe I can get something out of them
Aug 27, '12 by nutrizunI hope you get some good info, racquel30! Please share if you do. Thanks!
The lady in the office said that they sent out the letters today!!!!!
Aug 27, '12 by triciah2005Oh Lord in heaven...we will probably get them tomorrow or Wednesday then! I just got a crazy nervous feeling when I read that!!! Has anyone's program application thing changed to let you choose a time??? Mine hasn't, so I hope that's not a bad sign...Last edit by triciah2005 on Aug 27, '12 : Reason: add info
Aug 27, '12 by ContentaOh my gosh. Just had a mini panic attack when I read that!!! I'm gonna officially be a nervous reck the next 24-48 hours.
Im so nervous too! My owl express hasn't changed yet either, I was worried that I was the only one!!
Aug 27, '12 by triciah2005Alright, I probably don't need to say this, but if anyone gets their letter, please post immediately! Good or bad!! Best of luck to everybody! <3 <3 <3
Aug 27, '12 by BSNQ0717, BSN, EMT-BHi guys, i have been reading your posts and i too applied to KSU and though i accepted GHC offer for Fall, i'll definitely switched if called for interview and selected.
I emailed S and she said mid sept,so i'm surprised the letters went out today. M[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]y program application thing hasn't changed either.
Aug 27, '12 by BSNQ0717, BSN, EMT-Babout a week ago!!! looks like a lot has changed after that.
Aug 27, '12 by trixjonesMy Owl Express page is now giving me interview signup options for 9/17 and 9/18. Is this a good sign? I'm trying not to get too excited until I actually have a letter in my hand. Freaking out!Last edit by trixjones on Aug 27, '12