Gwinnett Tech PPL I need your help!!!
- 0Feb 29, '12 by NeoNatMomDoes anyone know by now what sciences would be best to take together? I have to complete Engl2 and College Alg as well as micro, a&p 1 and 2, and chemistry 1 and 2. All*sciences*are 4 hours (with labs), engl and math are both 3 hours each. I can be*available*to go on campus or online all day mon after 8 am *and wed mornings also after 8; or evenings. tues and thurs evenings. Idk about taking any sciences together what to expect, though I already checked professor ratings to get my first picks listed and ready. Could I or should I do any of them together and if so which? I would like to get my eng and math over in a semester with science to finish faster. I have a 4.0 after history and engl 1. I also took remedial math which was 4 hours mon thru thurs nights in the summer. Advice? Thanks everyone
- 0Mar 2, '12 by seventyseven77My first quarter at Gwinnett (they were on quarter system in 2010, 10 weeks), I took A&P 1, Human growth, and speech. Then the next quarter I took A&P II and Microbiology and sociology. I'll be honest with you, it was not easy, but I came out o.k. I got A's in all my classes accept Microbiology ( I got a B). We crammed in a lot of information in 10 short weeks. I would not recommend doing this unless you are dedicated to spending a lot of time outside of the class room studying.
- 0Mar 2, '12 by NeoNatMomI was planning on maybe having a study buddy in the class(summer a and p 1). Plus, I want a specific instructor who provides dvds of her lectures. She has great reviews and from this site and rate my professor. I plan on taking my classes in this sequence now, summer(anp1), fall(anp2, chem1, and math 1111), spring(micro, chem2, and engl2). Who knows how my choices may until then. But I am hoping to get them done that way. I was told to take anp1 alone to get my feet wet with that style of class so that's the plan for now. Thank you for your advice, I will surely keep it in mind and good luck with your classes!
- 0Mar 12, '12 by RN_Student14Fall 2011 semester I took Psych 1101, College Algae, AP2 and Micro. Made A's in everything but Psych ( made a B). It really depends on your strength and weaknesses. I would take Eng, Math, and AP1. Then take Micro and AP2. Then the chemistry. I say take chem last because you do not need chem if you are first pursuing your associates degree. So get the classes you really need out the way first.
- 0Mar 13, '12 by NeoNatMomKamecee,
You are right that I should wait on chem. I am thinking about taking them last simply due to my lack in the math dept. I want to freshen up on that first since its been practically 5 yrs since my last real in class math setting. Did you find anatomy 1 to be more difficult than 2? I think for summer I would like to take things a bit slower than I had previously mentioned for the upcoming summer. Maybe take my engl and a computer class or another co req ...I have decided to get my ADN/ASN first then do online bridge as well. How about you?
- 0Mar 14, '12 by RN_Student14I plan on getting my ADN degree at Gwinnett Tech, then get my bachelors online. AP2 is more interesting the AP1. I took AP1 during the summer when they were converting from quarters to semesters so I had only 5 weeks to complete the course. I made a B. AP2 lecture and lab I made A's. I really enjoyed taking the class. It takes a lot of dedication if you wan to leave the course with a good grade.Last edit by RN_Student14 on Mar 14, '12 : Reason: question error
- 0Mar 18, '12 by NeoNatMomThat's cool. So did you end up taking 5 weeks because when it was already changed to semesters? (clarifying) If so that means that your hours in class will be the same as what it would be if I stuck to taking anatomy and phys 1 this summer. So would it be like 4 hours a day mon thru friday or how would it be?*
- 0Mar 18, '12 by NeoNatMomAnother thing that I am struggling with, which is causing my 'back and forth' indecisiveness, is the fact that I am really trying to aim for Fall 2013's Nursing Program. In order to do that however, it would take me taking AP1, AP2, College Alg, and Micro and finishing them by the end of this Fall...Idk how to go about it. I might be able to stop working *but I will have to take all of my classes at night because I can't afford a sitter in the day even to go to work. (My sister in law currently watches him mon and tues, and a few hours in the early mornings wed thurs and fri before she has to go to work.)*
- 0Jan 16, '13 by RN_Student14Quote from NeoNatMomI am sorry that I am just now getting back to you. How are you? Did thing pan out well???Another thing that I am struggling with, which is causing my 'back and forth' indecisiveness, is the fact that I am really trying to aim for Fall 2013's Nursing Program. In order to do that however, it would take me taking AP1, AP2, College Alg, and Micro and finishing them by the end of this Fall...Idk how to go about it. I might be able to stop working *but I will have to take all of my classes at night because I can't afford a sitter in the day even to go to work. (My sister in law currently watches him mon and tues, and a few hours in the early mornings wed thurs and fri before she has to go to work.)*