GSU Fall 2012 - Page 35Register Today!
- Apr 12, '12 by samme324This is about the point last year where I couldn't stand it anymore and started seriously stalking the mailbox everyday. There are so many things that will depend on if I get into this program or not including where we live! Just want to find out!
- Apr 12, '12 by soheeWell, I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my rejection letter today. So the letters are coming..
- Apr 12, '12 by mybebe001Hey guys,
Just a quick bit of info from the nursing office...I was at the nursing office today and there was a person that walked in to decline their acceptance to GSU...so, they will still be sending out acceptance letters. I just wanted you guys to know so you don't give up. Good luck! I really hope to see everyone posting that they received their acceptance tomorrow
- I'm sorry to hear that sohee... Do you mind sharing your stats? Did you apply at any other schools? I hope you can either get somewhere else or reapply at GSU next semester and get in next time around!! Everything does happen for a reason.. so, I hope you are feeling ok!!
- Quote from soheeI'm sorry to hear that sohee... Did you apply any where else? Everything happens for a reason so I really hope you are feeling ok! I hope you get accepted at another school or reapply at GSU and get accepted there next time around! Do you mind sharing your stats? Just so those that haven't gotten letters yet (including myself) can have an idea where we stand..Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my rejection letter today. So the letters are coming..
- Thanks for the info mybebe001!!! That gives me some hope... we never know what God's plan is.. BTW.. sorry I posted two posts saying the same thing.. I thought it hadn't gone through..
- Apr 12, '12 by mybebe001Quote from soheeI am really sorry to hear that ...I know what I am about to say sounds cliche, but don't give up ...this does not mean that you have to give up on your dream. Maybe it wasn't the right time...did you apply anywhere else? I know it is easier said than done; however, you can always reapply...just follow your passion no matter what! Best of luck to you...Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my rejection letter today. So the letters are coming..
- Apr 12, '12 by troop949
I'm sorry sohee. Please don't let this affect your determination. You can and WILL be a nurse someday!
- Apr 12, '12 by kuhelskiSohee, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, keep your head up but please don't give up on your dreams. Take a few days to clear your head and figure out the next best step for you.
- Apr 12, '12 by kuhelskiok, here is how the wait list goes. I've been wait list 2x..
If you get a wait list letter there is a contact person and number. Call the contact person and they will let you know where you are on the list. From my understanding they have round 30 people on the wait list. Unless you are the top 3 people your chance of getting a call is slim to none-but anything can happen. They will keep the wait list until the first day of semester. Once the semester starts the wait list is trashed and we are back to square one. They will send you a letter 2 weeks into the semester and let you know that the wait list is no longer in effect and they will give you a break down on improving your chance of getting in next time in case you decide to re-apply.
It is broken down: TEAS, GPA, Science GPA, essay, and recommendation letter.
My first letter suggested that I repeat any classes that I had a C in.
In my second letter it was suggested that I repeat any classes that I had a B in. (figure since competition is getting more fierce).
Hope this info helps.
Also- when I took Nurs 2010, my teacher told me that when they call you need to answer. They will not leave a message. If you don't answer, they go down to the next name on the list. She told me to program the school number and keep the phone on me at all times. I know this seems unreasonable but this was what I was told last summer.