GSU Fall 2012 - page 29
by breezy7 | 50,382 Views | 426 Comments
Not sure if there's one of these started already, but it's still pretty far off, so I thought I'd make one. Have any of you guys taken the TEAS yet? If not, where are you taking it? I didn't see any dates listed for GSU.... Read More
- 0Quote from forcayThanks forcay! I'm trying to stay positive.. unfortunately nothing for me in the mail today.. When you guys say program GPA, do you consider only the pre-requisites or core courses as well like Sociology, Psychology etc? I have As in all pre-requisites: Chemistry I and II (both lecture and lab), Anatomy I and II (both lecture and lab), English I and II (both lecture and lab), and College Algebra. I also have As in other classes like History, Political Science etc. But I have some Bs and Cs in other classes like Sociology, Statistics, Psychology, Economy (from my previous degree) etc that I don't know if they are looking at that.. afffff... really trying to stay positive, but this is driving me crazy...Hey Brazilian Nurse! I know the waiting period is torture, but try not to stress too much! With your gpa and Teas score you will most likely be in the next wave of letters. When I sat down with the advisor last semester (after I was wait listed) she told me a little about how they rate everything, it is only your program gpa and she did say that you get an extra point or two if you scored above 70 or 75 on each section of the teas (sorry I don't remember the exact number). So just hang tight and remember this is a holiday weekend so don't freak out. I know it is easier said than done!
Thanks for all the support everybody! Tomorrow is another day..
- 0CONGRATULATIONS GSUhopeful!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! That's so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great to check here and see that you got your letter!!!! Sooooo cool!!! Really happy for you!!!!! Hope you have an amazing celebrating weekend!! Wish you much success in the program!
- 0Apr 6, '12 by forcayThe gpa is for all of the core courses needed for the program. You can go to gosolar and click on student records, then academic evaluation, generate request, and you will see your program gpa. Hope that helps, I was a little confused at first on how to find my program gpa as well. I kept confusing it with my institutional gpa.
- 0Apr 6, '12 by breezy7Quote from forcayYup, they're both fine! 3200 is 2 credits and 3300 is 3 credits. Apparently, you can only be approved for 3200 in the semester you're "supposed" to take it, but the nursing program will accept either and transfer 3300 to replace 3200 if you take it early. I'm taking 3300 also.Are you taking 3200 or 3300? I was able to register for 3300 but not 3200, I believe either is acceptable.
- 0Quote from forcayThanks so much for the clarification forcay!!! I was just able to see my evaluation in detail.The gpa is for all of the core courses needed for the program. You can go to gosolar and click on student records, then academic evaluation, generate request, and you will see your program gpa. Hope that helps, I was a little confused at first on how to find my program gpa as well. I kept confusing it with my institutional gpa.
So...... here are the details:
I have 49.5 out of the 123 credits required.
My program GPA is 3.77. And since I got As on all my science classes, then my science GPA is 4.0.
So... still competitive?? I hope?? but not sure if it will be enough.. especially considering my 83.3% on the TEAS... I got a C in statistics (long time ago.. from my previous bachelors.. that really hurt my GPA.. but still not bad overall, right? )... affff... waiting.. waiting...
I'm just hoping that they will consider the fact that I got a lot of the required credits already completed... not sure if this will be a "good" thing.. we'll find out soon I guess...
Congratulations to all of you accepted!!! This is such a competitive program and you should all be so proud to be qualified!
- 0I'm registered for 3300 for now. But I'm going to try to get into 3200. After all, one credit hour makes a lot of difference when it comes to tuition and fees. x.x
Angela Corley from the nursing department said that priority for NUTR 3200 goes to students that are already in the nursing program. But as long as there are space available towards the tuition due day, she said I might be approved for it (and probably everybody else that are interested).