GPC FALL 2012 - page 8
Who's applied to GPC for the fall?... Read More
- 0Mg100, no I did not get mine yet, either. Did you have any repeats? Because your scores seem good enough to get in. But you guys try to stay positive! I know it's easy to say than done, but that what's pretty much left to do until we get the letters.
Metoyou, I read at one point somewhere here, that if there are repeats of Teas or classes, when they get to the point of taking a decision they'll dismiss the students with repeats from the start because it is so competitive and they will consider first all the applications that have no "discrepancies." (even though those students with repeats had way better scores than others). In a way it not fair to you because they told you to repeat the TEas to improve your scores, knowing that it will be a breaking deal for you. :-/ That is just what I feel about it..
I just can't understand their strategy...kiki69 last term had a 4.0 GPA with 82% Teas, and she got denied, and others with lower GPA and lower Teas got in...I am trying to be objective and just look at different situations, with no intent to offense anybody.
- 0I do have a friend who got in last fall off the wait list. She had a low GPA like a 3.1 but a 90 on the TEAS. She said they told her you dont find out if you got in off the wait list until July. So sure enough she found out mid July. In looking at some of the other people's TEAS and GPA's I would think we would be at the top. Not sure what your stats are, but we have to keep hoping.
- 0Yea, im worried that taking the TEAS V twice was a deal breaker, but I do not understand why they would send me an email specifically saying they were considering me for Fall 2012 about a month ago......for Spring I did not get that email and others did, so if they cut us repeaters out in the begining I dont know why I would have received that email. Still trying to be positive and hope that letters in the mail today!
- 1I got that email too, but that was just saying that I am meeting the minimum requirements and that my application was considered for GPC 2012 Fall RN program. I would love to leave early from work today, but I can't...one thing is for sure....my mind is not at my job at all! I just want to get to my mailbox!
- 0Mar 19, '12 by dougla2qIt's really hard to figure out what they look at..... I posted my Teas score and Gpa in earlier posts. I think they look at how successful you would be in the program. I know that sounds weird but example- if you have only attendend GPC and you meet the requirements you are more likely to get in than someone who has the same scores as you but is trying to transfer in. Repeat classes I dont think they look at that a lot I had to do retake A&P 2 last semester because I got a D last semester (I got sick was hospitalized and in the ICU for a while), my teacher wouldn't allow me to get an incomplete. If the Nursing program is for you, it will happen for you......God is in control and he allows favor when the odds look grim. Everyone stay encouraged.....please trust God and keep praying it will happen for you guys I rooting for you guys.