GPC FALL 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- Mar 20, '12 by mg100MEtoyou, I took mine and got an 81. what do you think we need to get? So I guess Gwinnett Tech has an LPN program? Well it is good to keep going.....and don't give up, you still may get in! Although I probably wont either!!Last edit by mg100 on Mar 20, '12 : Reason: add
- Mar 20, '12 by metoyouNo, I do not think Gwinnett has an LPN program anymore, they use to, but when they started their RN program it replaced the LPN program. Im applying to Lanier Tech for LPN. An 81 is great! What is your pre-req GPA at GTC? Mine is only a 3.5.
- Mar 20, '12 by mg100Oh ok. Well it is not a bad way to go, it is always good to have a back-up plan! I dont know what my gpa is at GTC, not very good, maybe a 3.4? - I need to find out. So that is why I dont think I will get in either!
- Mar 20, '12 by metoyouYea, I figure its better to do the LPN then waiting to apply again in a year because I heard GPC is no longer doing their normal track for Spring. I would be done with LPN by the time the fall 2013 program would start, and be qualified to do bridge program starting that next January I just dont want to sit around and do nothing for a year, I am soo ready to be a nursing student, and then a nurse!!!
- Mar 20, '12 by Onlyhope8metoyou: what lpn programs are you applying to and what are their deadlines? I am still waiting for a letter :?
- Mar 22, '12 by metoyouonlyhope8, I am applying to Lanier Tech's LPN program. The nursing grogram deadline is May 1st, and you have to sit for another exam sometime in May....the NLN. Your score on the NLN is how they choose students, they only look at GPA if they have two exact scores and only one spot left. The Oakwood campus takes 20 students and the one in Forstyth, Cumming area takes 16 students. However, im not sure what the schools deadline is for normal admission, like im not sure if you have to apply for summer, or if you had to already be enrolled as of Spring. Also, they require Comp 1000 and a diet and nutrition class that have to completed before acceptance into the program, so if you want to try and take this route you will have to probably wait until next January to start the program, and im not sure what those deadlines are, but you should have plenty of time Hopefully, you get into Perimeter though! Maybe your like a number one or two alternate and thats why you havent heard anything
For anyone out there now, or in years to come wondering about how taking the TEAS V twice effects your chances here is what Mrs Moore told me when I asked her why I did not get in. She said my first math score was so low (54%) that even raising it to an 83% was not enough to get me in when there were so many students applying that had my same GPA and good TEAS V scores the first time, that they had to choose them. So, Im assuming maybe they average the two scores together or something. She said I should look for a school that will take your best score only, she suggested North Ga, but I have not confirmed that they do this. Congratulations to everyone who go in, and best of luck
- Mar 22, '12 by kiki69HI me!
It sounds like you have an action plan put together and I think that is wonderful! I wanted to say that GA State takes only the most recent TEAS V score and the most recent class...So if you had to take A & P 2x they only look at the highest score.
Let me know how you are doing, I feel that I have really gotten to know you on here.
Good luck in everything!
- Mar 22, '12 by keepmovingrnHi congrads KIki! I knew u would do it this time! On a side note I just read would Metoyou about not getting in bc of taking the teas twice. The seems so unfair, so Gpc basically is saying if you take anything over there's almost no hope for getting into their program??? I just don't think that's fair and I'm currently in the program. Those who didn't get in done give up! You will get accepted, just hang in there.
- Mar 22, '12 by keepmovingrnAlso look into Bauder College or Darton college guys who didnt get accepted.
- Mar 22, '12 by kiki69Thanks Keep!!! I'm so excited and you were right to tell me last year not to give up! phew.... it's funny that you left this message, cause I was going to PM you and let you know...lololol
Anyway, How is the program going for you? Hope all is well...