Georgia State University Pre-Nursing Students - Page 6Register Today!
- Oct 9, '12 by ssferransMy name is Susanna. I won't be there this week but I will be on the lookout for you next week! Good luck on your paper!
- Oct 10, '12 by milesameliaDoes anyone know if GSU replaces grades for program GPA? Meaning, if I got a "C" in a class and then retake it and get an "A", will GSU factor in both grades or only use the highest grade? I know of schools that do both but I wasn't sure about there. I'm applying for Fall 2013 ACE...good luck to everyone!!!!
- Oct 10, '12 by ssferransYes, they replace with the highest grade. The lower grade doesn't show and isn't calculated into program GPA. Good luck!
- Oct 12, '12 by amf7Hello Everyone!
I have been watching this site for months and figured it was about time for me to actually start posting! I am currently finishing up my pre-requisites at GTC, will be taking SNHP 3000 and NURS 2010 at GSU next semester and will be applying for the Spring 2014 ACE program (I've got some time but I'm still freaking out about getting in!). I am also taking the TEAS next weekend at Mercer for the first time. I'm taking it early to give myself some extra time to retake it just in case.
milesamelia - I had this same question and asked the nursing department. This is the response I received:
"If you decide to retake that exact same course again then GSU uses the last attempt at the course, not the highest grade. However if you decide to retake any of your sciences, the committee will take the 1stand 2nd attempt only and average them ."
I hope this helps! Good luck everyone!
- Oct 12, '12 by ssferransThey said at the orientation session they were going to change the retake policy so I guess they did...thanks for sharing that
- Oct 16, '12 by hcs4291What's everyone's stats?
Now that it's been 2 weeks my daily mailbox frenzy has begun! Hoping to find out before senior registration on the 24th!
- Oct 23, '12 by JB13I don't if anyone else does this, but you can check your application status online to see what it says. I have been checking neurotically for weeks now and it still says "complete-ready for review"; however, I found it highly suspect when all the sudden that system said that the application status check would be down from Oct. 19-Oct 22. Does this mean they are making decisions????
Also, ssferrans, it was nice to meet you and put a face to a name, see you on Thursday!
- Oct 23, '12 by hcs4291It will continue to say that even after you receive a decision. It's really just for making sure all of your application was received... Don't bother checking it!
- Oct 23, '12 by JB13Really!!! Well thanks for the info, but knowing me... I will probably still check it lol
- Oct 24, '12 by ssferransNice meeting you too jenbrewington I can't take much more waiting...hoping we all hear soon. Does anyone know if any letters have been sent out?