Brenau University Summer 2012 Nursing Program - page 2
by SweetPEI 6,929 Views | 19 Comments
Hello all,I decided to start a thread since I found none on this upcoming full time nursing program at Brenau. I received my acceptance letter in mid December and was super excited for the news. I thought it would be great to... Read More
- 0Jan 26, '12 by SweetPEISo nevermind on the deposit info. Nursing dept called me and told me they only require that if I was a new student, which I'm not.
Marshall1 thanks for that info. I never worried about it. At the end of the day, statistics vary and since Brenau has been given conditional approval, I know I am going to be part of those who recieve some indepth information necessary for me to pass my boards... I say bring it on! Before being accepted into the program I was a student at Brenau and admire the care and quality that is put into teaching us students. Everyone is very helpful in the nursing department and I am proud to be a future graduate of the nursing program at Brenau.
- 0May 28, '12 by lnicole35I have applied in for the part time program at Brenau starting in Jan 2013, but am finding it difficult to find any information about students currently in the program. SweetPEI if you don't mind me asking what did your scores, GPA look like? I took the Kaplan 3 weeks ago but up until then had only attempted the TEAS, so I have no idea what is considered competitive! Both advisors I have spoken with gave me a break down but I'd love to hear it from someone who's made it in!Last edit by lnicole35 on May 28, '12 : Reason: grammer
- 0May 29, '12 by lnicole35Thanks so much for the info! The advisor I spoke with said 60-70 was competitive, 70-80 was very competitive, 80-90 was superb, and 90+ was unheard of. I scored a 75 and thought that would be a terrible score and I would have benefited from retesting. However, the two contacts made it seem as though it was above sufficient. I hope so! Yikes. I have the same GPA as you had. Do you mind telling me any info about how it is going now that you are in? Are you in the full or part-time?
- 0May 31, '12 by SweetPEII'm in the full time program. We began in may, so right now we are taking pathophysiology, junior nursing seminar, med term, and a concepts class. We start clinicals in august. The patho class is information intensive. You have to read... I don't have to take the med term class, but if it's like what I've already taken, then it just takes memorization. We start the other two in 2 weeks. Majority in the class are taking a math tutorial class to make sure we get a 90 our above on or math test specific for our drug calc. It will be different for you time-wise because you're part time. But that is the beginning in a nut shell.
- 0Jul 9, '12 by MexRnToBeyou all will do great! As someone mentioned earlier, the pass rates are a reflection on the students' efforts and not the program. It is a challenging and intense program, but nothing hard work and dedication can't get you through. Congrats to all those that just started and GOOD LUCK! READ, READ, READ and don't allow yourself to get behind.
- 0Jul 10, '12 by ummnasimQuote from Marshall1Hi! Are you in the fulltime or part time program? I wanted to know how the clinicals and classes are.I graduated from Brenau Womens College w/my BSN in Nursing...it is expensive but..excellent education. You will be more than prepared for the boards and going to work by the time you graduate.