Accelerated Nursing programs in GeorgiaRegister Today!
- by Dinma123 May 8, '08Does anyone know about 1 year LPN programs or 2 year RN programs in Georgia. Please i need this information as soon as possible as i want to start school soon irrespective of the cost. Thanks a lot.
- May 8, '08 by PreRN KatieI don't know that there are any. The only accelerated programs I know of in GA are for 2nd degree students and are for your BSN.
- May 8, '08 by Dinma123I know about 2 of them in the metro area that are affiliated to west indies and jamaican schools but they are having problems right now. They were offering 9months to 12 months LPN programs and some people already graduated and passed their NCLEX. I know there are others i just don't know where they are. They are private schools. In California, they are everywhere. I will prefer one that has affiliation to a school in the united states.
- Jun 3, '08 by JenRN30Actually Georgia State has a accelerated BSN program that you don't need a previous bachelor's degree for. You just need to finish all of the prereqs and requirements to get your bachelors degree, then you go straight into 4 semesters of nursing classes.
- Jun 4, '08 by PreRN KatieQuote from Jennieb30Really? That's awesome! Thank you for the clarification, I guess I missed that part on the website.Actually Georgia State has a accelerated BSN program that you don't need a previous bachelor's degree for. You just need to finish all of the prereqs and requirements to get your bachelors degree, then you go straight into 4 semesters of nursing classes.Last edit by PreRN Katie on Jun 4, '08 : Reason: add in
- Jun 4, '08 by Dinma123Jennie, you are a sweet heart for sharing this information. How do i get information about the courses they need for the prerequisites. Is there a website i can go to? I need to start as soon as possible. Thanks.
- Jun 4, '08 by JenRN30Hi!!! No problem at all. Here's their website.
This is pretty much all the information you'd need. Click on step 2, either fall or spring, and it will give you every class that you'd need before applying. I'm starting this program in August, so let me know if you have any more questions. I'd be happy to help!!! Good luck to you!!
- Jun 8, '08 by fazeila921Georgia Perimeter college has an accelerated RN program. You graduate with an associates degree. It's not really accelerated. You do the same 4 semesters as the regular program but it starts in the Spring and you go straight through the summer so you finish by the following Spring. This is opposed to starting in the Fall where you don't do any summers so it takes 2 yrs. You have to apply by like June for January admission or something like that. Their website is www.gpc.edu and then look for the nursing dept.
- Jun 9, '08 by ccstarI am looking into registering for their RN course as well for the Fall.
- Jun 13, '08 by stacey10Kennesaw State University also has an accelerated program...and you do not have to have a degree for that either.