What is Your School's Selection Rate? - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 21, '12 by Wrench PartyMy program took in about 100 students to its fundamentals courses, but I have no idea how many people applied
before that. This is not counting the pre-nursing students who may or may not advance to thenursing classes.
They culled again for clinicals and now we're down to less than 50. We seem to lose 5-7 people each semester
we go on.
- Aug 22, '12 by mistydbuffaMy program is an ADN program. Every 6 months they accept 40 students. Anywhere from 150-300 apply, so acceptance rates vary. It is strictly points. You can get a max of 60 pts for GPA 5 max for no transfer, drop or withdraw, and 35 max pts for Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam. My over all points were 92.52pts and I was accepted and ranked in the 15th position. My GPA was 3.82 and my entrance exam was 86% with all 5 pts given for no trans, drop, repeat etc. The average for our entrance exam was only 69% but its a pretty hard test. Not to mention you must take 12 pre req before you can even apply. I was accepted the first time I applied.
- Aug 22, '12 by SuperMeghan91Quote from charli_appleThis happens to me all the time! In my CNA interviews I had brought up that I was in nursing school and they always asked if I was taking pre-reqs or if I was IN the program, even during orientation, they saw on my sheet that I was in the nursing program and they asked again. Why would I brag about taking pre-reqs?My school accepts the top 40 and the semester I applied, they received 254 applications. I applied at the last minute and got accepted. When I told my friends and family I had gotten accepted, EVERYONE'S first response was 'are you taking prerequisites or are you in the program'? I was slightly offended. Why would I say that I was IN the program if I wasnt IN the program? *rolls eyes*
- Aug 22, '12 by nursingstudent3109My ADN program had over 200 applicants and 40 were accepted.
- Aug 22, '12 by TUhopefulMy BSN program accepts 72 students and around 400 apply. Nursing is too competitive.
- Aug 22, '12 by Bobmo88My school is 1 of 3 nursing schools in the county and the only BSN program. For my class, over 400 people applied for 44 spots and in the past they only had 33 spots and still around the same amount of people applying. I even was initially denied but a spot opened up after someone declined admission due to acceptance to other programs. I am extremely blessed to have this opportunity and will be starting in one week!
- Aug 22, '12 by AnitaArmstrongOnly the top 8% of applicants got into our program
- Oct 13, '12 by cbear85keepmovinglpn,
Can you tell me what your stats looked like when you applied? Did you have to apply more than once? I am applying to GHC's bridge program in the spring. Ugh, I am so nervous now. I scored an 83.3% on the TEAS and am considering taking it again (94th percentile). I have a 4.0 GPA. I will be taking microbiology when I apply, so that won't count towards my points. I got a 1040 on my SAT (I was a slacker in h.s.) Thanks for any and all advice how have you liked the program so far?Last edit by cbear85 on Oct 13, '12