Are taking these three courses together over the summer a bad idea?
- 0Feb 8, '13 by Nursing2102Hi all,
Does anyone think these three courses over the summer is a bad idea, and that I should wait to take them over the fall?
- NUR209:Foundations of Humanistic Nursing Practice (1st clinical course)
- NUR229: Pathophysiology
- NUR239: Pharmacology I: Implications and Practice
Thanks for any advice!
- 977 Visits
- 0Feb 10, '13 by ♪♫ in my ♥The pace of summer classes may make it difficult to stay up on all three - only you know how good a student you are.
I'd suggest taking patho or pharm solo, or both together, but not bunch them with the clinical class.
Lab/clinical classes can be incredible time-sinks, far in excess of their unit values.
- 0Feb 10, '13 by KimmyKat45I would agree with the previous poster. The summer session is abbreviated and therefore the information is crammed into a shorter time frame. The three classes you are contemplating are all tough classes and will require a lot of time. I would ask yourself a few questions before you decide.
1. Are you working in the summer?
2. What other commitments do you have? (husband, kids, house)
3. If you are overwhelmed with the load can you drop one during the add/drop period?
4. How important is it that you get great grades in these classes? Would you be happy to get a B/C in them, or is it imperative you get an A in them all?
Good luck with your decision!
- 0Feb 11, '13 by Guinevere39That sounds dreadful to me. I took those three classes in the fall - normal semester length - and it was a lot of work. Your fundamentals class, in particular, is going to require a lot of focus. I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you tried to take all three over the summer.
- 0Feb 25, '13 by Nursing2102The clinical class would start during the first summer session (late may/early june) and go into the second summer session. The other two (pharm and patho) would start in the second summer session. While I really wanna take these three classes over the summer to shave one semester off my program I don't think it will be a good idea after all...