Quote from MoNursetoBe
Ok, so up until this final test I have had no problem finding answers in my book, notes, or internet... But this study guide is really giving me some trouble. I have two questions that I just can't figure out...
1. Know correct documentation according to quality recording guidelines.
-I can't even find any info out there about quality recording. I have found quality review guidelines... do you think they are the same?
2. Know examples of what constitutes a breach in healthcare ethics.
-This one seems ovbious, but I have really had trouble with it. Do you think they are asking for things like breaching cofidentiality?
Thanks for any help.. This is the only time I have ever asked. I have always been able to find information and do well on the tests.... But these questions seem to be much more difficult than our regular tests. Thanks again! :spin:
As for correct documentation, in my experience, it varies with each institution. Some ideas would be to assess and document their LOC (AAOx3, etc), rate pain on pain chart, reassess and chart pain after pain meds are given. Chart what patient says in quotes. I dunno, just some random ideas.
Regarding a breach in health care ethics, here's a few thoughts:
1. Using restraints as punishment or staff convenience, or not trying less restrictive methods first.
2. Failing to report things, like if child abuse is suspected, patient accusing a staff member of abuse, etc.
3. Not getting consent for procedures
4. Withholding food or meds
5. Assisting with a patients request to die (assisted suicide)...although personally, I have my own opinions on that. But according to the nursing code of ethics, we aren't suppose to engage in that. BTW...I'm from Oregon originally and we voted on a bill that would allow terminally ill patients their right to die with dignity at a time and place of their choosing. It passed, but feds tried to overturn it. Not sure of the status now. I don't mean a pillow over the head or anything like that. LOL.
6. Trying to convert them to your religion?
These are just off the cuff answers, hopefully they will lead your mind to others. Best of luck on that final! :spin: