the new CAB protocol by AHA?Register Today!
This is a discussion on the new CAB protocol by AHA? in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... i need to do a nursing problem list and rationalize it. i am confused on using the reference of the...by tsujeai Aug 14, '11i need to do a nursing problem list and rationalize it. i am confused on using the reference of the CAB protocol instead of the ABC prioritization. i know that the CAB is used for emergency situations, i'm not sure if i can use it also in prioritizing my nursing problem list. here are my list of problems:
- DECREASED CARDIAC OUTPUT related to altered myocardial contractility secondary to valvular defects
- IMPAIRED GAS EXCHANGE related to imbalanced ventilation perfusion secondary to altered blood flow
- EXCESS FLUID VOLUME related to reduced glomerular filtration rate secondary to decreased tissue perfusion
- ACUTE PAIN related to accumulation of urate acids in the joints
- DIFFICULTY OF SWALLOWING related to upper respiratory tract infection
- ACTIVITY INTOLERANCE related to insufficient oxygen supply secondary to imbalance distribution of blood into the systemic circulation
- RISK FOR FALL related to deficient knowledge about side effects of medications
- RISK FOR NON COMPLIANCE to therapeutic regimen related to deficient knowledge about its side effects
- RISK FOR UNSTABLE BLOOD GLUCOSE related to non-adherence to preferred diet-
- READINESS FOR ENHANCED THERAPEUTIC REGIMEN MANAGEMENT
i also used maslows hierarchy of needs and NANDA in my reference. i need to sort my list from 1-10, 1 being the top priority and 10 being the least. then i have to rationalize why it's placed on that order. need help, thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=605011©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,300 Views
- Aug 14, '11 by divaRN*homework? no thanks
- Aug 15, '11 by xtxrnHmmm.... I remember when NANDA was new....hated it then too
- Aug 15, '11 by tyvinThe only thing that's changed is the order; don't look for extra work.