Need some encouragement please!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Need some encouragement please!!! in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hey guys, I just joined. I'm in my second semester of a 3 yr BSN program. I am very discouraged...by popcrnlvr Mar 15Hey guys, I just joined. I'm in my second semester of a 3 yr BSN program. I am very discouraged right now and don't know if I have what it takes to be a nurse. Is it normal to feel like this?? My med-surg teacher criticizes me all the time and I'm beginning to let that really discourage me. I hate having no time, or fun, and trying so hard just to be criticized... I want to quit but at the same time hate giving up. I feel like nurses have sooo much responsibility and I don't know if I have the personality to handle it. How do I know?? These past weeks I've just been on the verge of depression and dealing with constant anxiety, and there's still 7 weeks of med-surg clinical hell left
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=821678©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 398 Views
- Mar 15 by happyloserTake a deep breath and let it out!
I would advise you to meet up with your instructor and have them tell you what you need to improve on. I find that most clinical instructors are not being malicious when critiquing but rather they want you to start thinking critically, piece things together and understand whats going on.
I hate to break it to you but nursing school = no time for anything. I have class/clinical/skills Monday-Thursday and then I have Friday to study and Sat and Sun I work. No fun until semester breaks but its a small price to pay to do what I love.
I wish you the best and remember it's hard because you are essentially holding the lives of others in your hands you can either help them heal or push them towards the other side.
- Mar 15 by classicdamenursing is stressful, even after you graduate. Perhaps you need to talk to a professional about your anxiety level and whether or not you need help in coping with stress in general. Good luck!
- Mar 15 by Live.&.LearnWhat brought you to nursing school? Ask yourself that first and foremost...is it worth sticking it out? You seem to be consuming yourself with this one semester...how was last semester? Are you looking forward to your other classes? What do you want to do when you graduate? I had years of "free time" before I went back to school, a few years is nothing compared to the rest of your life and is a small price to pay to be doing something you love in the long run. So, if nursing is your passion than this will be well worth it...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
- Mar 15 by lisajb86I completely understand what you are going through. However, if you want to become a nurse badly, then you should hang in there, it will be rewarding and well worth it at the end. As far as being criticized, maybe your professor is trying reverse psychology on you. Some people get motivated when they get criticize because, thats what drives them to do better. So dont take it negatively, take that criticism and turn it into something postive. Then next thing you know, you learn from your mistake and will do better the next time around. But dont let other discourage you or tell you otherwise. You can do anything as long as you set your mind to it, you have made it this far and I bet you work really hard to get where you are at. Dont let that just slip away. I know life seems to be on pause at the moment, but once you work hard later on you can play hard. I wish you the best of luck.
- Mar 15 by hodgieRNI was dead to the world until I graduated. Once you get your first paycheck, you will have some fun!