you can see by the responses you've had so far what a popular topic this is--not! here is some help (i hope!) for you. i had to write one of these papers too when i was in nursing school 32 years ago. have you tried going to your school library and checking the nursing guides for periodical literature under the heading of "philosophy", "nursing philosophy", or "philosophy of nursing". if you don't know how to do this, ask the reference librarian to help you. in the meantime, here are some things you can check out. i suspect that a big part of this assignment is demonstrating that you know how to do a bit of a literature search in the library and know how to retrieve an article once you've found one. this was a big focus of the papers we had to write in my bsn program. good luck!
these are links to old threads on these forums where personal philosophies of nursing were discussed:
- 8 pages worth of allnurses discussion on philosophy of nursing from 2 years ago. enjoy!
- home page of the international philosophy of nursing society
- the syllabus of the philosophy of nursing course has a list of references you might want to look at
- this is the philosophy of nursing for the bluegrass community and technical college nursing program
- rush university medical center's philosophy of nursing