My Semester in Review - Page 3Register Today!
- Dec 19, '12 by joselyneThank you for sharing these helpful insights. All the best for your upcoming semesters.
- Dec 19, '12 by joselyneWow thanks for suggesting these books, just checked them out. I am def getting them as I start nursing school in Jan 2013. Do you know if they are useful throughout Nursing school?
- Mar 30 by rn2beinokc@oknurse2be. I want to thank you for your posts. They are very helpful. I am new to this forum so I might have missed this. But can you post what a typical WEEK for nursing students can consist of? Lecture,lab,clinicals,study,study groups,family time? I'm trying to get a realistic look into whats coming if I'm accepted into the 2013 RN program At OCCC
- Apr 10 by OKNurse2beIt varies from semester to semester, but in NP1 you will have 4 weeks of lab 2 times a week and then the next 6 weeks with lab once per week. Lectures are 2 days a week, 3 hours each time. Clinicals don't start until about week 8, and you will do 3 weeks in a LTC facility and the rest in hospital. Clinical is only one day per week as well. You will be VERY overwhelmed in the beginning, but as you get into the groove of things, you learn how to balance everything. Study groups are essential, and there is a mentorship program as well. Use all your resources. The load varies from week to week depending on what is going on, exams, assignments etc... Good Luck!!!
- Apr 16 by rn2beinokc@oknurse2be. Thank again this is great info! I will definitely look into a mentorship program that sounds like it would be great!! I know your finishing up NP2 now, I'm excited to see what you post about that semester I look forward to all your post. Your so knowledgable about nursing school stuff. thanks again!! Any and all info is greatly appreciated!