books and resource books you couldn't live without 1st termRegister Today!
- by sann Jun 27, '10Hi just got accepted to an AS program and was wonder what books you couldn't have lived without your first semester. Classes start in a couple weeks and i would love to really be prepared. Thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=488171©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 530 Views
- Jun 27, '10 by HappyMeNowAll the NClex reviews books! Look for ones that are categorized by topic, and those that have explanations to the answers. I know you won't have to take the NClex for a few years but it's the best way to study for your nursing school exams.
Not a textbook, but get ready to do a lot of flash cards! A lot of the stuff really does require hard core memorization and flash cards are awesome for that.
Good luck my dear!!
- Jun 27, '10 by lei7I wish I had used the Saunders book (my favorite for NCLEX studying) to study for med-surg!
- Jun 28, '10 by itsmejuliI start the LPN-RN program in August, I already purchased Saunder's NCLEX review book. I'll use it to study from for every exam.
Taber's cyclopedic medical dictionary is also a must have.
- Jun 28, '10 by ServingshotsI also purchased the saunders nclex and it seems like it would really be helpful in studying for exams as well ad prep for nclex