Before I came to college I wish I had known...
- that it didn't matter how late I scheduled my first class I'd sleep right through it.
- that I would change so much and barely realize it.
- that you can love a lot of people in a lot of different ways.
- that college kids throw airplanes, too.
- that if you wear polyester everyone will ask you why you're so dressed up.
- that every clock on campus shows a different time.
- that if you were smart in high school - so what?
- that I would go to a party the night before a final.
- that chem labs require more time than all my other classes put together.
- that you can know everything and fail a test.
- that you can know nothing and ace a test.
- that I could get used to almost anything I found out about my roomie.
- that home is a great place to visit.
- that most of my education would be obtained outside my classes.
- that friendship is more than getting drunk together.
- that I would be one of those people my parents warned me about.
- that free food served at 10:00 is gone by 9:50.
- that Sunday is a figment of the world's imagination.
- that psychology is really biology, biology is really chemistry, chemistry is really physics, and physics is really math.
- that I really wouldn't be with that high school (boy/girl)friend for the rest of my life.
- that dorms can be both your lifeline and personal hell at the same time.
- that beer would play an intricate role in my future.
- that Ramen and spaghetti would be my life.
- how much I would miss my washer and dryer at home.
- that I would no longer get an allowance.
Last edit by betts on Mar 23, '02
Mar 23, '02
Funny and ever so realistic, too! :chuckle