When did you earn your wings? - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 16, '11 by prettymicaI don't know if I will earn them.. but I feel them slightly poking out of my back... I have been called an angel by so many patients in all the settings I have worked and also by people that don't know my profession. Some days I feel clueless and others, I feel proud to call myself a nurse. It makes me feel that one day they will eventually sprout
- Oct 16, '11 by AltraI'm not an angel of mercy, so I have no wings.
But somewhere in my 3rd year, I started to feel like "a real nurse".
- Oct 17, '11 by noahsmamaQuote from Been there,done thatTo me the real meaning of being a nurse is helping people, and I feel that that's what I'm doing every single day. I sure as heck know I'm trying, anyway!When did you feel you had achieved YOUR real meaning of being a nurse?
- Oct 17, '11 by Forever SunshineI feel my wings appeared when I was fresh off orientation and "flying free" on my own.
Not necessary thick wings that allow for graceful flying. I think the wings strengthen as time goes on, so you don't fall down as much.
- Oct 17, '11 by xtxrn"Angel of Mercy" reminds me of the serial killers dressed up as nurses....
It was different in different settings.